Opinions on these cakes?

Reaction score
hey guys!

ive been experimenting a lot with baking lately, i am quite new to baking. (a few months ago cake mix was still my go too lol). Now that i feel a bit more comfortable with baking ive been wanting to learn a bit more about flavour profiles. In the past few days i came up with a few ideas for future recipes but i’d like to get some opinions on wether you guys think the flavours would actually pair well or not. I never really tried to execute any ideas of mine up until now because im scared of failure lol🤣 side note: If you have any recommendations on things that i should try please feel free to comment them! (Just keep in mind that i totally hate buttercream so thats a no go for me ahah).

Here are the cakes id like to make;

1. Three tier coconut cake with strawberry curd filling and vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing

2. Three tier orange cake with orange curd and vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing (going for a cream cycle vibe)

3. Three tier lime cake with vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing

what do you guys think?

Reaction score
Why don't you make cupcakes to test the combinations before commiting to a 3 tier cake.

Choc and orange or grand marnier is a popular combo,
coffee and apricot is another.
Pistaccio and raspberry.

Reaction score
I'm just curious how you go from box mixes a few months ago, to wanting to make a 3 tiered cake! Anyway, I would go with your favorite flavors. For now, I would keep it simple. Chocolate or Vanilla with a raspberry filling sounds good. All of your ideas sound good, though. Good Luck and have fun!

Reaction score
hey guys!

ive been experimenting a lot with baking lately, i am quite new to baking. (a few months ago cake mix was still my go too lol). Now that i feel a bit more comfortable with baking ive been wanting to learn a bit more about flavour profiles. In the past few days i came up with a few ideas for future recipes but i’d like to get some opinions on wether you guys think the flavours would actually pair well or not. I never really tried to execute any ideas of mine up until now because im scared of failure lol🤣 side note: If you have any recommendations on things that i should try please feel free to comment them! (Just keep in mind that i totally hate buttercream so thats a no go for me ahah).

Here are the cakes id like to make;

1. Three tier coconut cake with strawberry curd filling and vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing

2. Three tier orange cake with orange curd and vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing (going for a cream cycle vibe)

3. Three tier lime cake with vanilla stabilized whipped cream icing

what do you guys think?

If you're trying to do a 3-tier cake, do you know how to construct the tiers with dowels?

Ask a Question