Peanut butter and white chocolate blondies

Reaction score
Last week I attempted blondies for the first time, using walnuts and milk chocolate chunks, but they were an absolute fail. In fact, I would even go as far to say that they were the biggest baking failure I've ever had. The egg seperated from the rest of the mix when they were in the oven, and formed a weird meringue-like crust, while underneath, the rest formed a weird kind of flapjack thing.

So yesterday, I decided to attempt blondies once more, this time using a different recipe - peanut butter and white chocolate. And you know what? They're delicious! One of my best bakes in a long time! Even the mix was delicious - I could've easily eaten all the mix myself! I used this recipe. It uses chopped chocolate, which is good as we hardly ever buy chocolate chips, so I'm used to just chopping up a big chocolate bar into really small pieces. I also managed to get 16 blondies from this mix, as opposed to the suggested 12.

I woudl highly rate this recipe! :D

Reaction score
They sound wonderful. Did you use the crunchy peanut butter? I have a big jar of the smooth and wonder if it would work out as well or if i would have to add anything else. With the price of peanut butter I would rather not buy another jar...

Reaction score
This sounds like a nice change from the traditional brownie recipe that I will try out. I'm always on the look out for some new sweets recipes!

Reaction score
They sound wonderful. Did you use the crunchy peanut butter? I have a big jar of the smooth and wonder if it would work out as well or if i would have to add anything else. With the price of peanut butter I would rather not buy another jar...

I used smooth, and it worked out fine! :)

Reaction score
I have never attempted blondies before but really like them. Thanks for the recipe I do look forward to trying my hand at them to see how they turn out for me.

Reaction score
Oh they look delicious! I will have to copy this recipe! I have not made blondies in a while.

Reaction score
:p I laughed at the way you described your baking failure. A "flapjack thing". Sounds like you dusted the flour off the ol' apron and got right back on the wooden spoon!

Those sounds wonderful. I love white chocolate and I love peanut butter! :)

Reaction score
They sound brilliant! I've never tried peanut butter with white chocolate, but it sounds really nice!

Reaction score
:p I laughed at the way you described your baking failure. A "flapjack thing". Sounds like you dusted the flour off the ol' apron and got right back on the wooden spoon!

Those sounds wonderful. I love white chocolate and I love peanut butter! :)

It was really the only way I could describe it, it was basically this crunchy mass of sugar, butter and walnuts! I couldn't even cut it, so if you wanted a piece you just had to break it off with your hands. Had to be seen to be believed! :oops:

Reaction score
That actually doesn't sound all that bad really. Sort of like a brittle, all crunchy and nutty. Nevertheless, you really don't want a brownie/blondie to be brittle. Hahaha! :D

Sometimes things just don't come out as expected, but it's nice to see that you came up with something that sounds better than what you originally intended. Kudos to you. :)

Ask a Question