Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cake!

Reaction score
Yesterday, I came up with a new twist to my pumpkin cake recipe. I decided to add peanut butter to my recipe to see how would it come out and how would it taste. In my batter, I made sure to add in my different spices. When it comes to making pumpkin cake you can't forget to add your spices, that's what gives the cake its flavor. Adding peanut butter to my batter was a good combination. It came out pretty good, and the texture was even softer and fluffier than how I made it before. It was off the chain!!!

Has anyone ever attempt making this type of cake before? How good was it?

Reaction score
I have never tried it before; one of these days when my sister visit i will try to implore her to give it a try as she's a better baker than I am.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of peanut butter but since this is a pumpkin cake too, I'd probably give this a try. I love anything pumpkin. Does the peanut butter have a strong taste in this?

Reaction score
Yum! I love peanut butter and I love pumpkin even more! I have never heard of this recipe before. Would you mind sharing it?

Reaction score
That sounds brilliant, both being earthy textures and flavors that go very well with spices. I'm a fan of both peanut butter and pumpkin, and I can imagine that they can work really well together!

There are also other nut butters out there, although they aren't as easy to find as peanut butter of course...sunflower seed butter, I wish that were widely available, and I think that would work well too.

There's also cookie butter, which might add a lift to the pumpkin cake in case people find that peanut butter is too weighty, flavor-wise.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of peanut butter but since this is a pumpkin cake too, I'd probably give this a try. I love anything pumpkin. Does the peanut butter have a strong taste in this?

No, the peanut butter doesn't have a strong taste. You can this the peanut butter but the taste is very light. It depends on how much is added into the recipe.

Reaction score
I have never tried it before; one of these days when my sister visit i will try to implore her to give it a try as she's a better baker than I am.

I hope when your sister do come for the visit she do give it a try. I hope it comes out well! It tastes even better when you use Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting or regular Cream Cheese Frosting on your cake. They both go well with this Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cake.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope when your sister do come for the visit she do give it a try. I hope it comes out well! It tastes even better when you use Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting or regular Cream Cheese Frosting on your cake. They both go well with this Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cake.

I will most definitely recommend my sister to use Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting or regular Cream Cheese Frosting and see if it's to her liking.

Ask a Question