Pie Crust

Reaction score
Do you have a favorite pie crust? Do you like to make your pie crusts homemade, or do you prefer buying them at the store? What is your go-to pie crust recipe?
I usually use a very basic pie crust recipe but I do alter it from time to time. I really love the convenience of store-bought pie crusts as well! They are so simple and easy to use! When I am short on time, it is great to be able to use a premade dough for a pie crust, or one that is completely premaded and baked.
When I do make my own homemade pie crust, here's my recipe for my homemade pie crust:
Ingredients:
1 1/ cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (usually 1 stick)
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
Directions:
Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl and stir it. Cut the butter and add it to the mixture. Next, add the water and mix it until it forms a dough. Shape the dough into the pie pan, cover it in plastic, and refrigerate it for at least 45 minutes.
What about you? Store bough pie crusts, or homemade? If homemade, what is your favorite pie crust recipe?

Reaction score
I purchase store brought pie crust. Store brought pie crust is more convenient for me. I thaw out the pie crust when I plan to use it. I add the mixture and place it in the oven. Thank you for the pie crust recipe.

Ask a Question