• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1 cup Pumpkin (You can get it from the store or you can extract it yourself)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
You cook these the same as ordinary cookies, but add the pumpkin it at the same stage at which you add the egg and vanilla extract- hope you like!

Reaction score
Never had pumpkin cookies before but these seem promising.

There was a time where I had a pumpkin spice bagel and it seems that this might be similar. I will probably make this as a tester before I serve it to others.

Thanks for the recipe!

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe! I'm always on the lookout for good pumpkin flavored desserts :). Pumpkin chocolate chip are good, as well. Thanks again for sharing :)

Reaction score
Wow, this looks like a recipe for regular pumpkin pie, I wonder if there is more flour in this recipe to make the consistency more cookie-like? But thanks for the recipe it looks good!

Reaction score
Yeay, Here is the recipe. Thank you for posting this variation. I just showed my daughter and all she said, was mom we have everything except the pumpkin.

Looks like we will be making these really soon.

Reaction score
Wow, this looks like a recipe for regular pumpkin pie, I wonder if there is more flour in this recipe to make the consistency more cookie-like? But thanks for the recipe it looks good!
Indeed, well I suppose cookie mixture is very similar to cake mixture, just with extra flour.... you could always add less flour and make a cake out of it!

Reaction score
Yeay, Here is the recipe. Thank you for posting this variation. I just showed my daughter and all she said, was mom we have everything except the pumpkin.

Looks like we will be making these really soon.
Sure thing! I love anything pumpkin related!!! They'll be great around the holiday time too!

Reaction score
I've tried this recipe as it is here and another version that required milk. This version made for a more crisp cookie if the portions are flattened with a glass or spatula prior to baking them. They are delicious though.

Reaction score
I've tried this recipe as it is here and another version that required milk. This version made for a more crisp cookie if the portions are flattened with a glass or spatula prior to baking them. They are delicious though.
You can always vary the quantities/ingredients, sometimes I use syrup instead of sugar and more or less flour to make softer cake like cookies or Crispier ones.

Reaction score
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 1 cup Pumpkin (You can get it from the store or you can extract it yourself)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
You cook these the same as ordinary cookies, but add the pumpkin it at the same stage at which you add the egg and vanilla extract- hope you like!
This is right up my alley. I have a left over can of pumpkin from Thanksgiving and was wondering what I was going to do with it. Are these chewy? Or more crunch?
I'm thinking of adding a little rum extract in place of the vanilla.

Ask a Question