Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Reaction score
This is a recipe I've used for many years ... my kids LOVE these things, and so do their friends! You won't have to store them for very long (they seem to disappear quickly!), but I recommend a regular Tupperware or plastic container. I usually add a slice of bread to my cookies in storage to keep them moist, but you won't need to with these cookies. These will be super moist for a few days, if they haven't disappeared by then! Enjoy!

1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Chocolate Baking Chips of Your Choice
**Optional** Chopped Nuts of Your Choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your cooking sheet by greasing it.

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with milk. Stir into the flour mixture. Add flour mixture and pumpkin mixture together. Combine well. To that, add vanilla, mix well. If desired, add chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop by teaspoonfuls on the greased cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly brown and firm to finger-touch.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe, those sounds really delicious! A very interesting recipe as well, this ought to be the first chocolate chips cookie recipe with pumpkin I've ever seen! Did you come up with this recipe or where did you find it? I'm just curious!!!

Reaction score
This recipe was passed down to me through the family. I tweaked it a bit here and there to get it just the way I like it. With teaspoonful drops, you'll probably get 4 dozen or more? I haven't made them since around December, but this recipe makes a lot. Also, something I should have mentioned ... you can freeze the balance of the canned pumpkin for the next batch you make.

Ask a Question