Delicious Raw Vegan Brownies with Chocolate Icing

Reaction score
I tried this recipe at the weekend, with very yummy results! I have to say, I had quite low expectations for something that is raw, vegan, grain free and only contains natural sweeteners. Boy was I proven wrong!

http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-brownie-recipe

I also used the recipe for raw chocolate icing:

http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-chocolate-icing/

Here's how it turned out:

Raw vegan brownies.jpg

Raw vegan brownies iced.jpg

In terms of quantities, I did about double the recipe. You only need a very small portion - I cannot stress enough how filling these things are! We had them with raspberry sorbet; delicious :D

Reaction score
Oh Em Gee, those look delicious! And the recipes themselves look pretty straightforward. I never thought of using dates this way before. Would it be easier to soak them in some warm water beforehand so they're easier to blend for the icing?

I want to a give this a try right now, but we don't have dates here! Noooo...

On a completely different note, and to offset my crippling disappointment, this looks like a pretty great website. I'm sure I'll be able to find an option that I can get around to making. Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Oh yummy, looks great! I'm grocery shopping tomorrow, time to add the ingredients to my list! I think I mentioned in another post that my sister is vegan, and I have a good friend with a grain allergy, so this would be perfect for them both!

Reaction score
Awesome recipe and looks yummy! I've been incorporating more raw vegan recipes into my diet and have been trying to find healthy, raw vegan substitutes for conventional desserts. I'd like to try this!

Reaction score
Made it again for another friend and her two toddlers and it went down a treat!

@JGPangi yep the recipe recommends leaving the dates to soak in the water for a while beforehand if you've got time, and I used slightly warm water to speed things up.

Ask a Question