Recipes for Halloween cookies?

Reaction score
I would like to get some recipes for Halloween cookies, seeing as it's around the corner. I'm a newbie to baking and I want to have time to try them out first and get them right before the day. Anyone have any interesting recipes and decorating tips?

Reaction score
These Cookie Pops look fun and easy. I think they would be great for making and decorating with the kiddos.

I'd make homemade cookies and icing instead of the packaged stuff. They would taste way better but still be easy and cute.

Reaction score
These Cookie Pops look fun and easy. I think they would be great for making and decorating with the kiddos.

I'd make homemade cookies and icing instead of the packaged stuff. They would taste way better but still be easy and cute.

Those DO look awesome -and the decorating looks friendly, too!

I was going to do Halloween cupcakes but I really like the idea of the cookie pops too, now!

Reaction score
I am commenting here, so I can follow this thread. I have a 4 & 5 year old, and up until this year, they have never really expressed an interest in halloween. Today, while out shopping, they discovered all the halloween decor. I think this year we are going to go all out, including making run recipes too!

Reaction score
The cookie pops recipe seems really interesting and it's nice that I will be able to decorate the cookies with my daughter and her friends on halloween. Thanks for the recipe!

Reaction score
I just always go with your standard sugar cookies and then just get creative with the frosting. To be honest I have never really understood the whole decorating food thing. I get it, to a certain point, but when it comes to yearly holidays I think something gets lost on me. I just figure you are going to eat them anyways, so it does not matter all that much, but the colors are nice and easy to do.

Reaction score
Here's another one that's simple, Dracula Teeth Cookies. These are made with chocolate chip cookies, but really you could use any kind. Pick your favorite cookie, add red icing and marshmallows, and put another cookie on top. Easy peasy.

The name of the blog cracks me up - "the girl who ate everything."

Reaction score
Spooky Witches' Fingers I made these for my cub scout den and scared the poop out of them!
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup whole almonds
  • 1 (.75 ounce) tube red decorating gel
Directions
  1. Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer; gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
  3. Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie. Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 20 to 25 minutes.
  5. Remove the almond from the end of each cookie; squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
  6. finger cookies.jpg

Reaction score
Ha, those are quite creepy, @Roxanne G. but they do sound tasty.

For something super easy, you could do some decorated krispie treats, @Clair02.

I also found these: http://www.glorioustreats.com/2012/10/3-d-pumpkin-cookies-with-a-surprise-inside.html

They look really fun to make (and eat). They are made from sugar cookies (recipe included) and pasted together with frosting. Then, you can fill them if you like as well. Very cute for a Halloween party or just a fun holiday project with the kiddos.

Reaction score
OMG those spooky witch's fingers are so amazingly life-like. Really creepy. Thank you for sharing that recipe. Of all the recipes I have collected so far, this one takes the creepiness cup. My kids are so going to love this. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks! That's why I wanted the recipes early so I could practice first before the actual day when me and my daughter will make them together. LOL!
I can be nicknamed "Rooting" as I am always on the sidelines cheering my courageous friends on. I was here looking for some Halloween ideas for another project. My monsters would be monsters of a different kind. Re me attempting any monster cookies they would end up in the failed section of Pinterest. lol

Last edited:

Ask a Question