Sandwich loafs

Reaction score
Hi,
I love bread making and especially making sandwiches. I consider myself an amateur baker and recently bought - I think - at least some semi-professional equipment to make my sandwiches. Goes from a spiral mixer, proofer as well as bread oven. Following issue I want to address here. After baking the loafs, they are nicely crispy, but they loose this crispiness very fast (guess somethinglike 15 minutes).
What do I know.
- the recipe is ok I think (at least the taste is). Using 50% to 55% water of the wheat weight depending on the environment humidity which can range from 35% to 75%.
- proofing looks fine (first proofing 40minutes / second proofing 40minutes) - using temperature control of 32C and humidity control of 99% as the dough gets easy dry when manual forming the sandwiches. Light crust building of the dough if out of the proofer for as long as 20 minutes.
- I form the loafs in 2 steps manually as the dough would not allow me to form the sandwich length I want in 1 step (1 feet). Time between these 2 steps is something like 10 minutes.
- Baking off, I use 2 cycles of 8 minutes. First 230C, second 200C. And in the first minute I apply a 5 -10 second vapour cycle. Temperature drops then to aroujnd 170C and builds upagain to 230C.
- As said,sandwiches come out the oven nicely shaped and cripsy, but after 15 minutes are not crispy anymore and the skin is als not looking nicely stretched anymore likethey came outof the oven.

Where can I improve the process?

Ask a Question