Snickerdoodle cookies recipe

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good Snickerdoodle recipies that is tasty and does not deflate? I have tried a couple of recipies and they all fall flat.

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good Snickerdoodle recipies that is tasty and does not deflate? I have tried a couple of recipies and they all fall flat.

Flat cookies are caused by 1) creaming butter that is too warm; 2) too much sugar in the dough.

Butter should be creamed at 65°F (18°C), not room temperature. Google “Serious Eats creaming butter” for an article on the proper way to cream butter. Stella Parks, the pastry chef who wrote the article, creams butter at 60°F, which is fine too. Just as long as you don’t use “room temperature” — ever, for anything. Read the full article.

Stella Parks has a recipe on the Serious Eats site for snickerdoodles as well. But she uses a bit of coconut oil in her version.

Sugar is hygroscopic (pulls water from the environment). It is a tenderizer in baked goods. Too much granulated sugar causes cookies to spread and turn crispy. Too much in cake causes it to crumble. Brown sugar will also weaken the structure of baked goods if too much is added, but there are also other effects due to the molasses.

Ask a Question