Some puff pastry items

Reaction score
@Cahoot, I know I thought belts were for heavy lifters. But you can’t get more weight on the bar without a belt. Bren has a video on bracing with a belt. I’m going to buy a new belt here pretty soon. The belt I have is new; it’s a small. I’m more than happy to send it to you for free after I buy a new belt if you want it. I’m assuming you’re a woman. It’s an Inzer 10 mm black single prong suede. Bren said the two prong belts are really difficult to get out of, and since it was my first belt I should just get a single prong. Inzer makes a really good belt, but I really want to get a belt with offset holes.

do you have this set up was really expensive. But in the long run it will pay off. Powerlifting gym memberships are more expensive because they equipment is specialized. Where the average gym here is $45/ month, my powerlifting gym is $70. The place where Bren’s is a member is way more cuz the owner is nationally recognized. But Bren also has a killer home gym.

I still don’t use wrist wraps but I need to get a pair. The plates are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Let’s just hope UPS actually delivers them. They never deliver when they’re supposed to. And then Bren and my friend will set everything up for me. I am so excited.

View attachment 3022
I can see that offset holes would be pretty nice. I appreciate your offer of sending me your current belt once you get a new one, that's incredibly kind! I'm male, but 5'6" so it may still fit me.

I've only ever worked out in school or commercial gyms, never a powerlifting one. Must be nice to have chalk readily available everywhere, not even counting the specialized equipment. My friend actually got me chalk as a gift this past Christmas, and it's honestly so helpful. I rarely ever see anyone using chalk in any of the places I've worked out at, and they don't know what they're missing out on from such a simple accessory.

Reaction score
I can see that offset holes would be pretty nice. I appreciate your offer of sending me your current belt once you get a new one, that's incredibly kind! I'm male, but 5'6" so it may still fit me.

I've only ever worked out in school or commercial gyms, never a powerlifting one. Must be nice to have chalk readily available everywhere, not even counting the specialized equipment. My friend actually got me chalk as a gift this past Christmas, and it's honestly so helpful. I rarely ever see anyone using chalk in any of the places I've worked out at, and they don't know what they're missing out on from such a simple accessory.

See that’s the other crazy thing about commercial gyms—the no chalk rule! That’s why I workout in a powerlifting gym. They not only allow chalk, most provide chalk stands. My gym even provides the chalk. You want magnesium carbonate chalk.

The gym I used to belong to was owned by a former competitive powerlifter. Yet he had a no chalk rule. Plus he wouldn’t let the competitive lifters bring in their own bars either. His bars were in pretty rough shape and of the quality when loaded +500lb had too much whip to be safe.

When I get home I’ll measure the belt and send you dimensions. It’s a good belt.

Reaction score
Mille-feuille. Cutting the assembled pastry into the individual pastries created a huge mess with the filling spilling out (even with chilling it as long as I could without completely freezing it, as the pastry cream would then break down). I couldn't completely clean up the sides since the puff pastry layers weren't in perfectly even rectangles, so not happy with the aesthetics. Plus the marbling is too distinct, probably from using straight chocolate instead of ganache or chocolate fondant. Next time, I'd just assemble them individually, and pipe the filling in for a cleaner look.
View attachment 2943

Cutting requires you hold all 3 layers.

Ask a Question