Storage - Where to put it all?

Reaction score
I read a lot of threads and one of the most common problems about baking is where to put all of your pans, bakeware, utensils, cookie cutters, etc.....

messykitchen.jpg

WHERE to put it all?
WHAT to do with it?

Reaction score
There are tons of ways to clean up the clutter, organize the mess, and clean up the crap.

First and foremost, GET RID OF WHAT YOU DO NOT USE!

Yes, we love to buy those neat little gadgets or specialty pans when they are on sale, but do you REALLY use them? If it's been used once, or NEVER.......it's time to give it up, give it away, donate it to the thrift store, or pass it on to your daughters or sons.

If you don't use it, LOOSE IT.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tote bins.

Tote bins come in all shapes and sizes. You can find them at the grocery stores, the dollar stores, the thrift stores, warehouse stores, mega-super stores, and even at garage sales.

IMG_7103.JPG

62bac2240335ef93057547bd3a7ebfc3.jpg

fb48072135b2e57734cfc36545aa942c.jpg
dbde7a7b02e706952a5cd411617a6dd4.jpg

Bin-Warehouse-12-Tote-Storage-System-69-H-4-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-DFAE2MBW0431.jpg

Whether its storing all of your measuring spoons, cups, and scoops in a small tote and putting it under the cabinet, or creating a storage unit inside the house specifically for your small totes, or even a large one for the spare bedroom or garage...........totes can help you keep everything separate, organized, and clean. And you can keep the totes labeled so you know whats in there, without having to dig through it.

Reaction score
Storage shelves in the kitchen. If you have a lot of cabinet space, then you can organize two or three cabinets specifically for your baking needs. You know where they are, they are all together and organized, and you don't have to go searching for something in ALL of the cabinets or drawers.

kitchenpantry.jpg

52efc557697ab0407a00b285._w.540_s.fit_.png

Kitchen-Storage-Ideas-and-vintage-kitchen-decorating-ideas-by-way-of-redecorating-your-Kitchen-in-the-company-of-alluring-design-idea-13.jpg

functional-small-kitchen-storage-ideas-and-solutions-small-kitchen-storage-ideas-pinterest-small-apartment-kitchen-storage-ideas.jpg

kitchen-storage-ideas-for-small-apartment-kitchens.jpg

Reaction score
Another way to organize everything together is to place them in self contained storage units.

Nantucket-White-Distressed-Finish-Pantry-P14192753.jpg

images
images

white-stained-wooden-kitchen-pantry-storage-cabinet-with-4-swing-door-panel-placed-on-light-brown-lacquer-hardwood-floor-with-small-storage-cabinets-plus-pantry-closets-kitchen.jpg

img-thing
Bakers_Rack_double_filled_2-255x255.jpg

marvellous-decorate-bakers-rack-hanging-pan-white-gas-stove.jpg

Maybe you have an old small dresser you dont really use anymore? That can be converted to a storage unit for your bakeware.

Have an old mobile wardrobe or armoir? That can also be converted for storage.

Reaction score
Decorate your kitchen or dining room walls with your cookie cutters, bakeware, and fancy baking gadgets! Why keep them in the drawer or cabinet when they can also double as totally awesome decor?!

22afbc8df8369ab3f40230749c13985f.jpg
fbb61a2f71862438ca37e6e4a2d011e2.jpg

images
Wall%2Bof%2Bpans.jpg

dividers-in-the-deep-space-above-the-oven-or-refrigerator-are-an-efficient-way-to-storage-your-platters-cookie-sheets-cutting-boards-bakeware-etc-add-shelves-above-the-dividers-to-maximize-storage-in.jpg

What about adding some shelves on the walls?

diy-kit.jpg

ikea-kitchen-shelves.jpg

03-hbx-metal-open-shelving-1012-koty-lgn-38470248.jpg

85aea1a4800244fd702c57a8fe607e1c.jpg

Reaction score
How about hanging all those pots and pans up above, so it makes more room in the cabinets?

Hanging-kitchen-items-how-to-organize-your-kitchen-kitchen-tips.jpg

Picture-5.png

Saucepans-hanging-over-sink-against-potted-plants-on-window-sill-in-domestic-kitchen-min-e1443807883551.jpg

Or how about a peg board?

5d8d026eb6ee3ebb99e10ae2e860f759f62fcc84

Hang up those utensils too!

stock-photo-kitchen-utensils-hanging-white-background-119549464.jpg

hanging-cooking-utensils-clipart-06738031200367aea0b5b64e370279e8.jpg

54898080-kitchen-utensils-hanging-on-a-colored-tile-wall.jpg

hanging-kitchen-utensils-pots-pans-wall.jpg

Reaction score
That just seems like a genius move there to hand things up and I have always loved the newer kitchen that feature that a lot. It might be a bit to much as something for me to install and think about, but I guess it would be on that list of things to look for if I were getting a new home.

Reaction score
Actually ,my mom has a couple of these plastic boxes you can close and such thing, these are really useful when it comes to saving anything you'd like to keep away from any kind of insect and whatnot. You definitely shouldtry with these boxes, indeed.

Reaction score
So many brilliant tips but the biggest and most important one as you mentioned was if you're not using it, get rid of it. It's super difficult to organize stuff that's just clutter, and I think it actually feels so much nicer when you're only holding onto what you regularly use.

Reaction score
So many brilliant tips but the biggest and most important one as you mentioned was if you're not using it, get rid of it. It's super difficult to organize stuff that's just clutter, and I think it actually feels so much nicer when you're only holding onto what you regularly use.

It's not that true, I like keeping stuff I don't use because you never know when you're going to use it again and it's better to be prepared to be sorry, of course.

Reaction score
Another way to organize everything together is to place them in self contained storage units.

Nantucket-White-Distressed-Finish-Pantry-P14192753.jpg

images
images

white-stained-wooden-kitchen-pantry-storage-cabinet-with-4-swing-door-panel-placed-on-light-brown-lacquer-hardwood-floor-with-small-storage-cabinets-plus-pantry-closets-kitchen.jpg

img-thing
Bakers_Rack_double_filled_2-255x255.jpg

marvellous-decorate-bakers-rack-hanging-pan-white-gas-stove.jpg

Maybe you have an old small dresser you dont really use anymore? That can be converted to a storage unit for your bakeware.

Have an old mobile wardrobe or armoir? That can also be converted for storage.

This is what I'd love my kitchen to look like. It actually looks like a small walk-in closet with a stove, sink and fridge in it. I do have a tiny pantry, which is also in that small walk-in closet sized space, and a laundry room that's not connected to the kitchen, and I store my small appliances in those two spaces. The larger ones go in the laundry room, up on the top shelves, where I have to use a step stool to retrieve them.

My microwave is actually outside of the kitchen, in the carpeted (yuck) dining area. I've downsized quite a bit, but there will always be things hanging on the wall, and stacked on the counter. I've got cup hooks on the underside of one set of upper cabinets (there are only two sets of upper cabinets), and so those are handily within reach at all times. After functioning as well as I have in this tiny kitchen, I don't think I'd want a huge one, but I would really love a butler's pantry where I could store and possibly even use my small and medium sized appliances.

Reaction score
I agree with this thread that kitchen utensils need a storage so they would not be cluttered. For that purpose, we had a room constructed beside the kitchen which we call stock room - it is the storage for kitchen implements like pots and pans plus other kitchen needs aside from stock of rice and drink. We have a big rack and a hanging cabinet although we are still planning to buy another big rack so the arrangement would be neat.

Reaction score
I agree with this thread that kitchen utensils need a storage so they would not be cluttered. For that purpose, we had a room constructed beside the kitchen which we call stock room - it is the storage for kitchen implements like pots and pans plus other kitchen needs aside from stock of rice and drink. We have a big rack and a hanging cabinet although we are still planning to buy another big rack so the arrangement would be neat.

We tend to save our food in the fridge and everything else in shelfs, isthere anything bad about it? I'd love to know.

Reaction score
It's not that true, I like keeping stuff I don't use because you never know when you're going to use it again and it's better to be prepared to be sorry, of course.
I have a problem with throwing out things myself. Thankfully I have a lot of space but sometimes when I sit and think of it you should let them go. That thing that you think you will use someday often ends up being around for 20 years without being used. I love this thread @ChesterV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a problem with throwing out things myself. Thankfully I have a lot of space but sometimes when I sit and think of it you should let them go. That thing that you think you will use someday often ends up being around for 20 years without being used. I love this thread @ChesterV.

Better safe than sorry, more on my favor, you never know when you're going to use it, that's why you save it for that long :p

Reaction score
We tend to save our food in the fridge and everything else in shelfs, isthere anything bad about it? I'd love to know.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant by storing food in our stock room is uncooked food like rice, noodles, canned goods, etc. With cooked food, we also store them in the fridge but we try to eat the leftover food within 2 days as per the advice of my sister who is a nurse. We live in a tropical country and cooked food easily go bad when left out of the fridge because of the hot weather that easily spoils the food.

Reaction score
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant by storing food in our stock room is uncooked food like rice, noodles, canned goods, etc. With cooked food, we also store them in the fridge but we try to eat the leftover food within 2 days as per the advice of my sister who is a nurse. We live in a tropical country and cooked food easily go bad when left out of the fridge because of the hot weather that easily spoils the food.

Oh I feel you now, thank you for clarifying :D

Reaction score
I am going to show this thread to my husband-to-be, we definitely need to find a way to organize all our pots, and kitchen utensils. We live in a small house (dutch standards), we are already running out of space :( But some of the ideas shown here are actually pretty good! We have lots kitchen utensils I'd love seeing hanging on the wall.

Reaction score
Actually ,my mom has a couple of these plastic boxes you can close and such thing, these are really useful when it comes to saving anything you'd like to keep away from any kind of insect and whatnot. You definitely shouldtry with these boxes, indeed.

I use those boxes to store my clothes too :) Here in the Netherlands it started getting cold a couple days ago, so I was forced to pack my summer clothes. Needless to say I feel very safe doing so! Over here there seems to be a ton of spiders just waiting for a chance to get into your house and burrow in your clothes and furniture. I will definitely be buying more :)

Ask a Question