Sugar Free Baking

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum, but my dad has got diabetes so he can only eat sugar free cakes and desserts.

It's been quite hard for me to find a lot of decent recipes and ideas, so I was thinking of starting a website to help people like my dad and i who can't eat sugar for whatever reason.

I have done a questionaire at https://thecakefixer.wufoo.com/forms/sugar-free/

If you can take a few minutes to fill it out, I'd apprieciate it!

Thanks!
John

Reaction score
I just did it :) Thanks for making the questionnaire short =D There is nothing worse than when someone makes a really long questionnaire and expect us to fill it all, hehe. Some people here have posted 3 pages long questionnaires before o_O Best of luck with your site.

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is use fruit as a sweetener, for example applesauce. Apples are low glycemic, even though they are sweet. I would avoid any artificial sweeteners because they are chemicals not meant to be consumed really.

Reaction score
My father was diabetic but he does not rely on using artificial sweeteners just to satisfy his urge to eat something sweet. Artificial sweeteners are not good to use and had a bad side effects on our bodies. And it is true that just give him fruits that has low sugar content and ask his doctor what are the fruits that is good for him. Because it is on a case to case basis and a diabetic person had each own do's and dont's with regards to their disease.

Ask a Question