Sugar free dessert

Reaction score
I will be hosting a super bowl party for my husband and his friends this year. I will be making homemade pizzas, chips and a couple of different homemade dips and several desserts. I want to cater to everyone's needs and thought I could make a few sugar free desserts as one of his friends is diabetic. Does anyone have any recipes?

Reaction score
Hi! Yes - our naturopath has us avoiding sugar for our youngest to see if it helps him with some of his various food challenges. A lot of folks I know use things like Stevia and Agave syrup - but she recommended avoiding any processed sweeteners of any kind. So - I've been experimenting with dried figs, dates, and raisins for sweeteners and came up with a couple good ones.

Banana Sweet Potato Muffins - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free - and awesome!

Makes 1-doz small muffins.

Ingredients:

· 1 large ripe banana

· ¼ cup sweet potato puree

· 2 tbsp coconut oil

· 3 eggs

· 1 tsp vanilla extract

· 1 tsp potato starch

· ¼ cup coconut flour

· ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free flour

· ½ tsp baking soda

· ½ tsp baking powder

· ¼ tsp finely ground sea salt

· ½ tbsp. cinnamon

· ½ tsp ground ginger

· ¼ cup soaked mejool dates, pitted and finelychopped – 5-6 dates

· Handful chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease your muffin tins with a bit ofcoconut oil. These stick to paperliners.

Smash banana. Whip banana, sweet potato, coconut oil instand mixer. Add 3 eggs and whip for 3minutes. Add vanilla extract and potatostarch.

In a separate container, whisk flours, baking soda, bakingpowder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger together.

Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet – do not overmix.

Gently mix in your chopped dates and nuts (if using).

Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes, oruntil toothpick comes out clean.

1497584_10201504984121442_346391420_a.jpg

Reaction score
One more for you:

This is super tasty - especially with a drizzle of honey or jam for the sweet tooth (if you're allowed) - Joey happily eats two or three squares of this at a go without anything on top.

1 cup coconut oil

1 cup pureed (cooked) sweet potato - mine was canned

8 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp apple cider vinegar

1 cup flour (of your choice - I used whole wheat flour)

1/2 cup coconut flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

4 cups peeled/chopped apples

Peel and core your apples, then chop in your food processor if you have it.

In food processor: Blend the sweet potato and eggs for 3 minutes. Add in your oil and continue to process while you prep the dry ingredients.

Add in vanilla and vinegar and pulse to combine.

Add your dried ingredients and pulse until well combined - 15-18 pulses. Fairly thick cake dough - it's not runny.

Manually stir your apples in.

Pour into a greased 9x13x2 pan (I grease with coconut oil).

Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until edges turn golden.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your feedback! Both recipes look terrific! I will definitely be trying one or both of them for the party! :)
Thanks again for the recipes! :)

Reaction score
I have never tried coconut oil because I do not like the taste of coconuts. Does it impart any flavor? I also heard that it is bad for your cholesterol. My oil of choice for baking is Canola oil. I think it gives my cakes a better texture.

Reaction score
I for one love coconut oil and use it every day for cooking and put it in my coffee 3 times a day. I love the taste, but I can't say it tastes coconut-y, just plain yummy. And it satiates my appetite big time.

People say it gives their baked goods a nice moist texture and rich flavor. I think I have to agree but I have used coconut oil for a few years now and can't recall what baked goods were like before. :)

As for cholesterol, there is new research on that all the time where heart doctors are coming out and admitting that it has never been proven that high cholesterol causes heart disease (plaque) and that it is only a theory. Controversial subject, yes. :) But if you are interested, you could research Jimmy Moore for more on the subject. :)

Reaction score
You won't believe there are some really mouthwatering sugar free desserts available that you can try and treat others. Try the below mentioned one and get praised!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 cup Splenda granular
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 ounces sugar-free milk chocolate candy bars (cut into 1/4-inch pieces)

Directions:

1 - Blend first six ingredients on med speed for 2 mins then blend flour and baking soda until well blended.
2 - fold in chocolate
3 - Bake at 350 20- 25 mins until lite golden brown.

Reaction score
We all love sweet things at home, but as everyone knows, you have to be very careful with them. Unless you are healthy, of course. That's why I always choose this easy and delicious recipe of raw sweet:

Ingredients:
300g raw cashews;
100g walnuts;
About 300g pitted dates;
100g dried apricots;
3-4 tablespoons coconut oil;
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey;
100g almond or coconut;
If you want, you can decorate with Berries.

Pre-soak apricots and dates in hot water for about 10 minutes. Then, if the dates are pitted, clean and peel them. Put cashews and walnuts in your food processor until they are crumbs- sized. You can put apricots and dates in the robot too, but I prefer them chopped. Mix the flour of cashew nuts with chopped dates and apricots and add 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil. It is not compulsory to use a sweetener, because dates are very sweet, but you can put a few tablespoons agave or maple syrup. Mix well until it becomes kind of dough. Form balls and roll them in coconut and almonds.
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos right now, but next time I will upload some. Wish you luck :)

Ask a Question