Sugar Free Pies

Reaction score
I am diabetic and am always looking for low sugar pie recipes. Here is one I would like to share that my whole family likes:

Almost Sugar Free Strawberry Pie

SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY PIE
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 (3 oz.) pkg. sugar free strawberry Jello
1 1/2 lbs. sliced fresh strawberries
1 c. cold water
2 tbsp. cornstarch
Cool Whip

Fill pie shell with fresh strawberries.
Make jello according to directions,
then add cornstarch mixed with cold water.
Add to Jello and boil until thickens, then pour over strawberries.
Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip. (I look on the container for the lowest sugar one)

This is easy to make and everyone who has tried it loves it.
Does anyone have any low sugar pie recipes to share?

Reaction score
This sounds so good! But you can always use Stevia if you ant a bit more of sweetness in your pies :) The extract from the plant itself is the best, because no additional chemicals are added to it. I actually plan to get my own Stevia plants soon. Anyways, very cool recipe!

Reaction score
This sounds so good! But you can always use Stevia if you ant a bit more of sweetness in your pies :) The extract from the plant itself is the best, because no additional chemicals are added to it. I actually plan to get my own Stevia plants soon. Anyways, very cool recipe!

I didn't know you could grow your own. Where would you get Stevia plants? I don't even think I'd know what to do with them, but now I'm curious. That sounds like a very cool, helpful idea, especially since I'm always trying to cut sugar.

Thanks for the recipe, Joyce. I'm always looking for low or no sugar treats.

Reaction score
My mother-in-law made sugar-free pumpkin pie for the last Thanksgiving and I swear you can barely tell. I think it depends on what filling she used (I'm not sure if she used the canned pumpkin or if she pureed the pumpkin herself), but I sure as heck can't tell it was sugar free!

I think the only difference I can really see was if you put the pies side by side, there's a slight color difference. But other than that, no you can't really tell.

Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Reaction score
There was a recipe for sugar free apple pie on the back of the Splenda bag for a long time. I made it a few times and it was really good. When I make sugar free fruit pie I just substitute equal amounts of Splenda or Stevia for the sugar and have had very good results. Even my friends who swear the can tell if artificial sweetener is used in something have not been able to tell the difference between my fruit pies and full sugar ones.

Reaction score
I am recently back from Miami and I have to tell you I wanted to buy a truckload of strawberries and bring them back home with me. They were so cheap and the few days I happened to be there I ate as much as I could. Should have saved some for this recipe. Strawberries are ALWAYS expensive here at home. I actually think I would enjoy this pie.

Ask a Question