Sunken muffins

Reaction score
I bake for a small cafe in my town. We (myself and another baker) are having problems with two kinds of muffins--blueberry and peach cobbler. Both seem to have the same problem when we bake them. Each have a streusel topping and when baked, both kind of sink in the middle (actually looks like a small hole on top). What are we doing wrong? This has been a constant problem, not just one time. Any ideas?

Reaction score
I bake for a small cafe in my town. We (myself and another baker) are having problems with two kinds of muffins--blueberry and peach cobbler. Both seem to have the same problem when we bake them. Each have a streusel topping and when baked, both kind of sink in the middle (actually looks like a small hole on top). What are we doing wrong? This has been a constant problem, not just one time. Any ideas?

not seeing a recipe or given any information it’s impossible to help. Are you baking by baker’s percentages or cups and teaspoons? If cups and tablespoons/teaspoons, then can’t help you because you have no idea the ratio of any of your ingredients to the flour. Not know what mixing method, baking temperature, number of muffins per tin and number of tins baked at time it’s impossible to offer any help.

Ask a Question