Tech Issue? Posts with links require Mod Approval.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Teeth Brusher, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Teeth Brusher

Teeth Brusher Well-Known Member

Hello, I wasn’t sure where to post this on the board. I seem to have an issue where posts that I make with URLs aren’t appearing on the forum “to the public” and require Moderator approval. Do new accounts need to wait a while until being able to pos links?

Thank you!

Teeth Brusher, Mar 11, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Teeth Brusher

Ian Administrator

Hi @Teeth Brusher :)

Sometimes new member posts that contain links are put in to a queue for approval by an anti-spam algorithm running on the site. Normally the posts are approved pretty quickly, but it means that it's rare for spammers to get through to the site. It should work ok for you now :D.

Ian, Mar 11, 2018
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Teeth Brusher

Teeth Brusher Well-Known Member

I see, that makes total sense! Thank you, Ian! :)

Teeth Brusher, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Teeth Brusher

Ian Administrator

I've tweaked the settings a bit more, as for some reason the anti-spam software has a problem with Russian and Chinese letters when too many are posted - I've upped the limit a lot so hopefully it should work ok now :D.

Ian, Mar 14, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  5. Teeth Brusher

denisa Member

I seem to have a problem with the loading time for this forum, it takes quite a while and it worked perfectly in the beginning. Is it just me?

denisa, Mar 14, 2018
  6. Teeth Brusher

Ian Administrator

Hi Denisa, sorry you're having issues with the loading times. Does this happen on other sites, or only this one? I've had a look at the server and everything seems to be operating ok. We've got monitoring set up to check load times and it's reporting that times are loading as normal, so I wonder if it's something specific to your connection to our server?

Ian, Mar 14, 2018
  7. Teeth Brusher

denisa Member

Ian, I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, I had some health issues. Since everything is fine on your end it must be something to do with my Internet connection. Thanks so much for checking, it must be me :)

denisa, Mar 27, 2018
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question