The best muffins I've ever made

Reaction score
I made some apple, cinnamon and oat muffins last week and they were literally the best muffins I've ever made. Not only did they taste wonderful, they rose perfectly and were a lovely golden colour. I decided to make them because my gran provided us with a whole load of apples off the tree in her garden and we needed to get rid of them. It only took two apples and made 12 muffins so I think I might double the quantities next time. You can see the recipe here.

One thing I'd suggest though, is to grate the apples rather than chop them!

Reaction score
I made some apple, cinnamon and oat muffins last week and they were literally the best muffins I've ever made. Not only did they taste wonderful, they rose perfectly and were a lovely golden colour. I decided to make them because my gran provided us with a whole load of apples off the tree in her garden and we needed to get rid of them. It only took two apples and made 12 muffins so I think I might double the quantities next time. You can see the recipe here.

One thing I'd suggest though, is to grate the apples rather than chop them!

Well, for goodness sake, cefmac, SHARE the recipe! LOL. I have a road trip coming up and these muffins sound like a perfect treat to take along!!!

Reaction score
I almost missed it,too. Cefmac did post the recipe. Its a link you need to click. So, point your mouse on the last word, press the button and you'll find the recipe.

Reaction score
These sound wonderful! I have never tried or tasted any like these. I LOVE chocolate chip muffins and of course blueberry muffins. Unfortunately I never make them. My husband is not big on muffins and I wouldn't have anyone to help me eat them! Fortunately, my grandma makes muffins all the time! I get my fix when I go to her house!

Reaction score
That recipe looks like a really good one to try. This is definitely the right time of year for it too. I was thinking of picking up apples at the farmer's market this coming weekend. They are coming straight from the orchards right now!

I bet the house smelled so good while those were baking. The aromas of Autumn. Thanks!

Reaction score
I almost missed it,too. Cefmac did post the recipe. Its a link you need to click. So, point your mouse on the last word, press the button and you'll find the recipe.

That's one big "DUH" for me. I see it now and if I'd seen it at first I'd have know that the link was hiding in the "here". Sigh. Thanks for the heads up SarahRTW!

Reaction score
That's one big "DUH" for me. I see it now and if I'd seen it at first I'd have know that the link was hiding in the "here". Sigh. Thanks for the heads up SarahRTW!

Sorry, I realise now it was a bit inconspicuous, haha! Just thought it was easier posting a link than copying and pasting the whole thing over, as that would've made for one looong post!

That recipe looks like a really good one to try. This is definitely the right time of year for it too. I was thinking of picking up apples at the farmer's market this coming weekend. They are coming straight from the orchards right now!

I bet the house smelled so good while those were baking. The aromas of Autumn. Thanks!

It did, it smelt absolutely amazing! I really should make them again. I moved into my new flat a couple of weeks ago and have yet to bake anything because the thought of forking out for all the ingredients, all over again, kind of puts me off. They'll be right at the top of my "to bake" list when I finally getting around to buying all my baking supplies though.

Ask a Question