Trouble with greasy doughnuts

Reaction score
I am new to baking and trying to master light fluffy dried doughnuts.

I am good at the dough making process, achieving the slightly sticky elastic dough, but it is when it comes to second proof and frying that the doughnuts come out greasy, taking on a lot of oil.

I have tried cooking at 160,170,180,190c at different ranges of time from 1 min to 2 min, but they always come out greasy.

Is this a problem with my proofing and not being able to tell when the dough is just right for cooking?

Advice appreciated!

Reaction score
In my opinion, the temperature is too low, you have to give a higher temperature, I bake at 190 degrees and I'm fine

Reaction score
As colleagues write, you need to increase the temperature because, unfortunately, it will be like you now, I also give 190 degrees temperature

Reaction score
I give 210 temperatures twice, unfortunately, but then I did and pulled out in time and now it works well for me, but 190 is also a good temperature

Reaction score
I bake at 205 degrees, in my opinion, it is perfect for me, I come out with beautiful donuts in good taste

Reaction score
I had same problem, trying all temp ranges. I then allowed a slight 'skin' to form after second rise, and this solved issue. Even when frying 'berliners' with a lower frying temp of around 175c.

Ask a Question