Turning off Email Notifications

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by J13, Jun 9, 2019.

1. J13

J13 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've started a few threads, and "send me email notifications" was the default on a couple of them. After getting several of these, and realizing that it was a default, I went to preferences and un-checked that option. Now is it no longer the default when I reply or start a thread, so no worries about getting emails from those newer ones. *However,* I'm still getting email notifications from the early threads, the ones where I didn't see the "send email" option was clicked. Is there way a way to switch this off?

It's like, I forgot to uncheck that box originally and now there's no changing my mind. The email notifications will come.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    J13, Jun 9, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. J13

Becky Administrator

Changing that setting means you won't get email notifications from new topics. But if you want to stop receiving notifications for old topics (ie those from before you made the change) you need to go into each one and unwatch it (there's an option on the top right). Go into your account then click on Watched Threads from the list on the left to bring up a list. Let me know if you need any further help! :)

Becky, Jun 10, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. J13

J13 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

J13, Jun 11, 2019
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question