Coffee Creamer Alternative?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I love baking and I have a YouTube Channel where I bake. That's not important at the moment but I really need help because I'm making these gorgeous Mini Cheesecake https://www.sugarhero.com/easter-no-bake-mini-cheesecakes but I can't get my hands on the coffee creamer they use. I need help, what can I use as an alternative? I'm not even sure what the coffee creamer is as I live in Australia and this is from America. Can anyone please help??

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Brittanie De-ann! :)

Those cheesecakes look really cute. But OMG what is it with blogs who take you through their entire life story before giving you the recipe??! Sorry, pet peeve. Here in the UK coffee creamer isn't really a thing either - you can get it, but it's not common. Whether they are liquid or powder, coffee creamer seems to be largely a mix of oil and sugar / sweeteners. Personally I'm not keen, and if I were you I'd just find a different no-bake cheesecake recipe (one with normal ingredients) and do the coloured layer thing with it.

If you're keen to try the recipe, then you could try and substitute the component parts of the creamer - ie liquid, fat, sugar - but there's no guarantee it would work well and it would be easier to just use a different recipe.

Reaction score
Haha right!! I understand, I always just skip ahead.
Finding a different recipe was going to be my next choice I was just hoping I could find an alternative.
Thank you so much for the welcome and thank you for the advice. I really appreciate the reply

Reaction score
Hi! There are loads of coffee creamer alternatives, dairy free ones are my favorite. You can even use canned coconut cream, but they sell plant-based creamers as stores like Trader Joe's. This website is a very helpful source, listing some brands that you can use in place of coffee creamer, then at the end it shows you how you can make your own. Hope it all works out!
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/dairy-free-coffee-creamers/

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I love baking and I have a YouTube Channel where I bake. That's not important at the moment but I really need help because I'm making these gorgeous Mini Cheesecake https://www.sugarhero.com/easter-no-bake-mini-cheesecakes but I can't get my hands on the coffee creamer they use. I need help, what can I use as an alternative? I'm not even sure what the coffee creamer is as I live in Australia and this is from America. Can anyone please help??

I agree with Becky about the creamers, they are awful. Here in the US the artificial creamers are very popular. There are more choices of that stuff than real cream in the dairy case.

Creamer is nothing more than sugar and partially hydrogenated soy. Not really anything you want to feed to people, especially children.

You could substitute any other liquid for the creamer given she uses a lot of gelatin as the thickener.

If you want to make your own base for no bake cheesecake filling without gelatin, the ratios are below.

Note, full fat dairy ensures the stability of the filling. If you use reduced fat or non-fat dairy, the filling may not hold together.

1.0 full fat cream cheese

.40 heavy cream (35% fat)

.25 full fat sour cream

.25 icing sugar

Cream cheese should be softened.

Sour cream and heavy cream can be used cold.

With electric mixer, whip full fat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy about 2 minutes on med speed

In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and heavy cream together until combined.

Then whip the sour cream mixture into cream cheese mixture for about 3-4 minutes until it’s smooth.

You can add whatever flavors or food coloring you like.

Chill until it’s set

Reaction score
I hear you on the looooooonnnnnnnnng blog post before the recipe pet peeve! I hate that! I really appreciate when they put a "Skip to Recipe" button at the top!

I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for 1/3 cup of coffee creamer of a particular flavor. She states you could replace the creamer with plain heavy cream if needed - you would just loose some of the flavor that the creamer was giving. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hi! There are loads of coffee creamer alternatives, dairy free ones are my favorite. You can even use canned coconut cream, but they sell plant-based creamers as stores like Trader Joe's. This website is a very helpful source, listing some brands that you can use in place of coffee creamer, then at the end it shows you how you can make your own. Hope it all works out!
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/dairy-free-coffee-creamers/

Thankyou for this, it's very helpful!

Reaction score
I agree with Becky about the creamers, they are awful. Here in the US the artificial creamers are very popular. There are more choices of that stuff than real cream in the dairy case.

Creamer is nothing more than sugar and partially hydrogenated soy. Not really anything you want to feed to people, especially children.

You could substitute any other liquid for the creamer given she uses a lot of gelatin as the thickener.

If you want to make your own base for no bake cheesecake filling without gelatin, the ratios are below.

Note, full fat dairy ensures the stability of the filling. If you use reduced fat or non-fat dairy, the filling may not hold together.

1.0 full fat cream cheese

.40 heavy cream (35% fat)

.25 full fat sour cream

.25 icing sugar

Cream cheese should be softened.

Sour cream and heavy cream can be used cold.

With electric mixer, whip full fat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy about 2 minutes on med speed

In a separate bowl, mix sour cream and heavy cream together until combined.

Then whip the sour cream mixture into cream cheese mixture for about 3-4 minutes until it’s smooth.

You can add whatever flavors or food coloring you like.

Chill until it’s set

Thank you, I think I am just going to go with another no bake cheesecake recipe, thank you so much for you reply, it helped the decision making process a lot!

Reaction score
I hear you on the looooooonnnnnnnnng blog post before the recipe pet peeve! I hate that! I really appreciate when they put a "Skip to Recipe" button at the top!

I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for 1/3 cup of coffee creamer of a particular flavor. She states you could replace the creamer with plain heavy cream if needed - you would just loose some of the flavor that the creamer was giving. Good luck!

I thought heavy cream could be an alternative, I might try that out one day.
Thank you

Reaction score
These are a couple pictures of them!
Easter Cook Off-6.jpg
Easter Cook Off-12.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, they look amazing! You've done a fantastic job with them, good work :)

Ask a Question