Urgent - coconut oil chocolate bar - melted mess

Reaction score
Hi,

My mother and sister-in-law is coming over for dinner in a few hours - my sister-in-law and her husband are vegans. For dessert I prepared a large chocolate bar out of coconut oil, cocoa powder, icing sugar, and fruits and nuts.

After bringing it out of the fridge and leaving it on the side for an hour I discovered that coconut oil chocolate tends to melt at room temperature. So now I have a huge melted chocolatey mess.

I have no time to re-set it in the fridge before my sister-in-law comes over but I might have time to turn it into some kind of other dessert, like bake it into brownies.

Does anyone have any good ideas what I can do with it??

Reaction score
I would just see it with some sort of vegan approved ice cream. That would be the easiest choice and would probably taste amazing. I am shocked that the bar recipe would call for olive oil Luke that because olive oil is a liquid at room temperature.

Reaction score
Kinda late, but I guess you could have prepared a chocolate mouse if you could have added a thickening agent, like avocado for example. Next time if this ever happens you might want to look into that.

Reaction score
Kinda late, but I guess you could have prepared a chocolate mouse if you could have added a thickening agent, like avocado for example. Next time if this ever happens you might want to look into that.

That sounds delish, Trellum!! I never thought to use avocado as a mousse base but it would be perfect for a vegan dessert and give that same rich decadent taste. Good thinking!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef Thank you :) I had read about avocado being used to make vegan version of chocolate mouse before :) I also checked a recipe the other day that uses plums :O You know, so you don't have to add sugar to the mouse and it's as ''natural'' as possible! I thought it was a great idea! I might actually get into vegan dessert making.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the problems with your chocolate - how did you get on in the end? Did you manage to transform it into something else?

Ask a Question