Vegan Sea Salt Chocolate Treats Recipe

Reaction score
I just wondered if any of you guys knew a recipe using sea salt? I've read that Moser Roth sea salt chocolate is supposed to be vegan, but they don't have it at my local Aldi. However, I've been so hooked on the idea of sea salt chocolate that I wondered if there was any vegan chocolaty and salty treat that you guys knew of. Or even some non-vegan thing -- I can probably adapt!

Reaction score
I saw a great recipe on a food website that I love the other day, actually - for vegan sea salt chocolate cookies!!

http://food52.com/recipes/39132-ovenly-s-secretly-vegan-salted-chocolate-chip-cookies

Talk about good timing. I haven't tried them yet but have tried other recipes on that website that I've found to be good. Maybe those will fit the bill for what you're looking for?

Oh my! I love choco-chip cookies, and most of all, I love those slightly salty chocolate cookies. Also, looking at the ingredients, it seems pretty easy! All stuff I have in my pantry. :D I am not a big fan of caramel (too sticky for me), but this recipe will be on my baking list of this/next week. Yumm! Will report back with result -- and possibly pictures. Though I rarely manage to get a good pic of my bakings, because I just... start eating them before I can remember to archive! XD But thank you very much for the recipe!

Reaction score
Oh my! I love choco-chip cookies, and most of all, I love those slightly salty chocolate cookies. Also, looking at the ingredients, it seems pretty easy! All stuff I have in my pantry. :D I am not a big fan of caramel (too sticky for me), but this recipe will be on my baking list of this/next week. Yumm! Will report back with result -- and possibly pictures. Though I rarely manage to get a good pic of my bakings, because I just... start eating them before I can remember to archive! XD But thank you very much for the recipe!

No problem! And I hear you about not getting a chance to photograph it - my husband usually gets into the stuff I bake before I have a chance to take a pretty picture! I need to do more of my baking when he isn't at home, haha!

Hopefully it turns out for you! :)

Reaction score
No problem! And I hear you about not getting a chance to photograph it - my husband usually gets into the stuff I bake before I have a chance to take a pretty picture! I need to do more of my baking when he isn't at home, haha!

Hopefully it turns out for you! :)

Has been bumped to second-spot now that we have tons of carrots and now I'm trying to figure out how to turn my grandma's incredibly vague and imprecise carrot cake recipe to a nice vegan carrot cake... hahaha XD

Ask a Question