What is the Best thing you ever baked for your kids?

Reaction score
I love baking for my kiddos so I'm always looking for new and exciting things to bake for them.

Reaction score
My babies absolutely loved the White Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake, I made for Christmas last year. It had three layers of Red Velvet and two layers of Cheesecake with White Chocolate frosting. I found it in a magazine and knew I had to make it. The kids and family loved it and requested the same dessert this year.

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies. It is of course a little old fashioned I guess, but tried and tested after all. It's easy to make, delicious, and it's always what the kids want, so why not just give in?

Reaction score
My kids absolutely love Whoopie Pies. I do not make the traditional filling for the inside though and this seems to make them taste even better. For the filling, I beat together 1 jar of marshmellow fluff, 1 stick of butter, and 1 brick of cream cheese. It is a very fattening blend, but we eat them in moderation so it is ok in my opinion :p

Reaction score
My kids love monkey bread, so I make it for them often, even though I can't eat gluten. I think I'm going to have to get a gluten free recipe for biscuits and try to make it. I miss things like that. I'm thinking about going paleo too, so that would make it even harder.

Reaction score
Hi Colene,
I've made monkey bread with refrigerated pizza dough and had great results.
I know that Pillsbury has pre-made guten free pizza dough...that would sure make it easy!

Reaction score
The children I use to take care of loved to bake so many things it is hard to pick their favorites. I did enjoy baking cookies or cakes with them. They just wanted to mix and bake just about anything. Pizza is one of my favorites to bake with them..

Reaction score
My babies absolutely loved the White Chocolate Red Velvet Cheesecake, I made for Christmas last year. It had three layers of Red Velvet and two layers of Cheesecake with White Chocolate frosting. I found it in a magazine and knew I had to make it. The kids and family loved it and requested the same dessert this year.
Ooooh that's sounds really good. I absolutely love red velvet cake, I will definitely try this

Reaction score
My kids absolutely love Whoopie Pies. I do not make the traditional filling for the inside though and this seems to make them taste even better. For the filling, I beat together 1 jar of marshmellow fluff, 1 stick of butter, and 1 brick of cream cheese. It is a very fattening blend, but we eat them in moderation so it is ok in my opinion :p
I'm not sure what Whoopie Pies are, but I can already tell that a lot of the kids I work with would love it, simply because it's called Whoopie Pies!

Reaction score
Ooooh that's sounds really good. I absolutely love red velvet cake, I will definitely try this

It was absolutely divine and the kids have asked for it every month since. I keep telling them I will only make it for Christmas. They were not happy with that answer. My husband is just as bad as the kids are about this cake. You can find the recipe at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-velvet-white-chocolate-cheesecake-50400000131819/. Just in case the link is removed myrecipes dot com and the name of the recipes is Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake

Reaction score
My four year old loves to help make the birthday cakes now. She thinks they are so much better because she made them. I love that making a homemade cake is cheaper than buying a store bought cake. We save on the cakes to and spend more on the birthdays. My youngest is almost three and he helped his sister and I make the last birthday cake for their grandpa. He thought it was so sweet for them to bake for him.

Reaction score
My four year old loves to help make the birthday cakes now. She thinks they are so much better because she made them. I love that making a homemade cake is cheaper than buying a store bought cake. We save on the cakes to and spend more on the birthdays. My youngest is almost three and he helped his sister and I make the last birthday cake for their grandpa. He thought it was so sweet for them to bake for him.
Well of course cakes taste better when you've had a part in baking them. That's just science!

Ask a Question