What is the danger zone for cream?

Reaction score
If I were to make something with whipped cream, how many days before could I make it and let it safely sit in the refrigerator? Also, if I were to have it sitting outside at room temperature, what would be the limit to the amount of time before it might go bad?

Reaction score
It should last in the fridge until the expiration date on your cream carton. Consistency and texture is another story, though. Try to make it closest to the serving time as possible.
What are you serving it with? If it's on the side, I would put in in a bowl (if possible) and on ice if you plan on having it out of the fridge for a while. I would also give it a stir every now and then to redistribute the chill. If it's on a cake or something, I wouldn't leave it setting out for more than two hours.

Reaction score
It should last in the fridge until the expiration date on your cream carton. Consistency and texture is another story, though. Try to make it closest to the serving time as possible.
What are you serving it with? If it's on the side, I would put in in a bowl (if possible) and on ice if you plan on having it out of the fridge for a while. I would also give it a stir every now and then to redistribute the chill. If it's on a cake or something, I wouldn't leave it setting out for more than two hours.

It is a cake. Thank you for the advice. There was a comment on another thread that said Marzipan might be a better option. However, I might have to do fondant because I am worried the Marzipan will be too expensive. But cream is the typical choice and so I am trying to figure out if I can actually decorate that cake within 2 hours of it being eaten. There will not be refrigeration at the facility and so I would need to have a refrigerator big enough. Thank you for the advice, I don't want to make something and end up having people get sick off of it! :)

Ask a Question