You know that crushed chocolate that is in the middle of an ice cream cake?

Reaction score
What is it? Can you buy it? Can you make it yourself?
I love ice cream cakes, and I'm assuming they are fairly easy to make. I just wish I knew what that stuff in the middle was. It really makes the cake perfect! Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have been told that the crunchy part of the cake is just choclate waffer cookies that you can buy in the store,I am not psotive but I think the other sttuff is just chocolate fudge sauce from a jar.

Reaction score
Really!?! Well, hey, it's worth a try, right? It can't be horrible even if it's wrong!

Reaction score
I worked at dairy queen for a little bit so I know exactly what is is. First you can use waffers, but you can also use oreos any cookie really. Don't like chocolate go ahead and get vanilla. Then its not hot fudge it the shell topping. Warm it up and mix it. Do not over flow it you want it to thick, It is just used as a glue to make it easier to spread, and stay together when cut. Be careful warming up the chocolate it burns 10 times easier then regular chocolate. You don't need it hot just warm. Now the things in the middle that you use at Dairy Queen well i can get them. I know the boss, but I think your going to have to make them. Because i don't think they sell them. They might if you look really hard.

Reaction score
I used to work at Dairy Queen too...about 15 years ago. It was the most fun job ever. Essentially the crunchy middle is ground up chocolate cookies and fudge sauce. There are secret ingredients in the DQ version though and I also think you will not be able to get the exact recipe, but there are mimics that will taste pretty much the same.

Ask a Question