2 cans of pumpkin left

Reaction score
I have 2 cans of pumpkin leftover from the holidays and I am pumpkin ed out, will it last until next year or should I make something with it and put it in the freezer?

Reaction score
You should check the expiration date on the cans. Some of my canned goods don't expire until 2016.

Reaction score
Looks like my cans fall into that category. I think I am just going to save them until next holiday season and save myself a little money next year. One of my goals this year is to save as much money as I can and don't buy crap I don't need.

Reaction score
Make pumpkin bread! I use the canned pumpkins to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread (which is pretty much the only kind of canned pumpkin product I know how to make haha), and they freeze really well if you wrap it in seran wrap and aluminum foil :)

Reaction score
Canned pumpkin should be good for several years. I wouldn't save them more than maybe 4-5, but in theory they should last a very, very long time. Just stick them in the back of the cupboard, but somewhere you won't lose them, and they will be ready for you next year, or whenever you feel like pumpkin again.

Reaction score
My daughter makes the best pumpkin spice cake. She uses one of the small cans of pupkin, a box of spice cake mix and some water,,, just enough water to give the mixture a cake type quality. She bakes it at 350 until it tests done with a toothpick. We have put cream cheese iceing on it, served with just a dollop of cool whip, or topped with some applesauce like you would ginger breat. It is quick easy and we all love it. I also use leftover canned pumkin to make pumkin bread.

Ask a Question