A recipe for chocolate chips cookie... in cookie cutter forms?

Reaction score
Hi!

I just bought a set of fun cookie cutters, with a big moose, fox, hedgehogs and squirrels at IKEA. I've never really baked with forms before -- I traditionally stick to chocolate chips cookie, because they are my all time favorite. From what I've seen my mother in law bake, it looks like form-cut cookies are more like... ginger cookies, butter cookies, etc.

And it makes sense because when we form chocolate chips cookies, we make little balls and let it flat down into a beautiful cookie circle. But is there any recipe for a cookie cut with a form that would be resembling a sinful chocolat chip cookie?

Alternatively: what are your favorite cookies to bake with forms?

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't really know a good chocolate chip cookie that I know that could turn out fine if baked using forms, I don't want to errr :p But my favorite cookies to bake with forms are of course sugar cookies, I use a duya for my butter cookies always, I also have a peanut butter recipe I have successfully baked with forms.

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't really know a good chocolate chip cookie that I know that could turn out fine if baked using forms, I don't want to errr :p But my favorite cookies to bake with forms are of course sugar cookies, I use a duya for my butter cookies always, I also have a peanut butter recipe I have successfully baked with forms.

Sugar cookies are amazing, but I always feel like the quantity of sugar needed is... also amazing! Do you have a go to recipe for that?

Reaction score
I do :) But it's written in my recipe book, I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes on here very soon, but I first need to transcribe them, and as I transcribe them I need to translate them as well ;)

Reaction score
I've only done sugar cookies with cuttrs, but I've never done a chocolate chip cookie of any kind. Is it possible to roll these out? Although if they melt into a circle, the form given will become distorted. Hmmm...someone NEEDS to come up with a way to make shaped chocolate chip cookies. LOL

Reaction score
Did a quick search because curiosity got me. LOL

Ingredients
  • 1 c unsalted butter
  • 1/3c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 ½ c all-purpose flour {I think they got a little overzealous with the flour…try 2 cups first, and work your way up}
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ c semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips

No baking soda means no rising! You can find the recipe here. She says you need a GOOD cutter because it's hard to cut through.
Pitter+Patter1.jpg

This one made a version of this same recipe:
IMG_2225.jpg

She made adjustments though. Her version here.

Reaction score
I like those ThatNewMommy. I have no forms and the last time I tried any shapes it was for my dog treats and you should see what I manufactured with my hands. I posted them here I think. They looked awful, but I loved them. If I did have forms knowing myself quite well, I'd try them all on my cookies no matter the cookie. It would be fun for me.

Reaction score
Oh!that new mommy cookies are so cute and beautiful.Great ideas you have shared that how to use chocolate chip cookies in cutter forms.

Reaction score
Did a quick search because curiosity got me. LOL

Ingredients
  • 1 c unsalted butter
  • 1/3c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 ½ c all-purpose flour {I think they got a little overzealous with the flour…try 2 cups first, and work your way up}
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 ½ c semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips
No baking soda means no rising! You can find the recipe here. She says you need a GOOD cutter because it's hard to cut through.
Pitter+Patter1.jpg

This one made a version of this same recipe:
IMG_2225.jpg

She made adjustments though. Her version here.

OH my god this is great! I love the way it looks. And to be honest, I JUST bought mini chocolate chips -- they were on special at Aldi, and I rarely find full sized chips anyway. It looks also... surprisingly not too demanding!

One cup butter is scary though... ! I wonder what I could do to cut that a bit.

Reaction score
Okay, people: I tried the recipe.

The good news: IT'S FRIGGING DELICIOUS. I could not stop eating them. Neither could my SO or his mom. The cookie dough is amazing, the cookies a few minutes out of the oven were my BF's favorite, and I loved them most the next day when they were this amazing mix of soft chocolate chip cookie while still giving off a strong butter-sugar cookie vibe. My boyfriend is already asking for us to go buy another brick of butter (a brick is 250g, the recipe calls for 225g. A lot)

The bad news: Well. Maybe my shapes were too elaborate but, for instance, my squirrel looked more like a blob than a squirrel at the end. Since I only put 2 cups of flour (and did not work my way up to two and a half), that could be the culprit. But since the end cookies were absolutely DELICIOUS and amazing and all that, I'm a bit reluctant to change the recipe!

I wish I had taken pictures of the end cookies, but we just... ate them too fast.

Reaction score
They look delicious! something I can try this weekend with my girls. I'm gonna share pictures here

Reaction score
They look delicious! something I can try this weekend with my girls. I'm gonna share pictures here

Be careful! They are very addictive! But a blast to make, yeah :)

But I'm looking forward to see your results. Keep wondering if maybe there is something I did a bit off that the shapes blotched a bit.

Ask a Question