Any recommendations on a good ice cream cake??

Reaction score
I am on the search for a simple ice cream cake recipe? Does anyone have a good one? My grandmothers birthday is coming, and she would love to have one!

Reaction score
This is the easiest and the best one you will ever find around and it's called Marquesa Cake or Torta Fria.
Get some chocolate pudding and vanilla cookies, that's all you will need for it.
First off you will have to prepare the pudding how it's shown on the back of the house (I think that every brand is different that's why I'm not telling you how to) You will also need to make a cookies surface and add the pudding on top of it, do it over and over again until you have kind of a cookies tower, cover it all up with pudding and place it in the fridge for two hours, you will be good to go. Good luck, you'll love it.

Reaction score
I must say I'm not much help with this - I've only ever store bought ice cream cakes, and never tried to make one myself! :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction score
The first thing that immediately came to my mind was this Oreo ice cream cake that I had a while back. I think that the fact that it is still fresh in my mind is really proof enough of how good it was, but I guess there is really no way to translate that to you. I am sure there are a lot of good options out there, so best of luck.

Reaction score
I think the simplest one I ever tried was the ice cream sandwich one. Just layer ice cream sandwiches into a pan, top with hot fudge, add more ice cream sandwiches, frost with Cool Whip, and drizzle with hot fudge, caramel, (or both) or your favorite topping. Freeze the whole thing for an hour or two before serving.

Ask a Question