Anyone a Baker by proffesion?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone bakes for a living? I currently don't but I have in the past. I found that there is a huge difference between baking because you want to and baking because you have to. I still enjoyed it a lot, and it's a much better job than most but going into it I thought it would be a lot more relaxed. That was shattered about the second day when I had to make hundreds of cookies in a few hours, it's not exactly stress free.

Reaction score
Not a professional by any means. I am a simple backyard baker. I bake, others eat, its all good!
I can only imagine how that must have felt baking hundreds of cookies so fast.

Reaction score
Thinking about going pro. I am slowly buying all the expensive stuff I need. I am also testing out recipes andplying them on relatives. Lol Everyone wants to invite me to their function cos they know it will mean free cake. I am also slowly building up a stash of toppers, flowers, petals etc. This is so much harder than I thought.

Reaction score
I would love to be a baker. I watch "Cupcakes Wars" all the time and think how I would love to do that. I do know I would be big as a house baking for a living. I probably would go broke from eating all the sweets from the customers.

Reaction score
I am definitely not a professional baker! Not even close...I'm a premed student, lol. So a bit different ;). Seriously though, as much as I love cooking and baking I don't think that it would be something I would want as my profession. I wouldn't be able to stay interested enough and I think it would end up being a lot less loved pretty quickly.

Reaction score
I am not a professional baker. I would love to become a professional baker. I think about it all of the time. I want to own a bakery or bistro. I enjoy baking cupcakes and breads.

N

noahkma

Unless being a hobbyist is a profession, then no I am not a baker by profession. As much as I love to bake, I don't think it's a stable profession in my eyes. It would be great to be a baker though.

Reaction score
I'm not a pro baker by no means. I hate to cook period but there are occasions when I have this urge to whip up a homemade dessert. This occassion has been happening a lot here lately. Food will always be around so I can see baking as a great career.

Reaction score
Not a baker either, but I am looking into getting cake decoration classes.. I think it would be awesome and a great outlet for my creative skills

Ask a Question