Apple Cinnamon Cake

Reaction score
A recipe for this was shared to my Facebook feed and it looked so darn good I had to make it tonight.

This is how it turned out and it tastes almost as good as it looks! First made from scratch cake I've made that I've been happy with.

You can find the recipe here (if you're into the apple-cinnamon combo like I am)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-cinnamon-white-cake/Detail.aspx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 505
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe! It looks absolutely delicious! I will definitely have to try it out sometime! I think I would consider adding some chopped nuts to this recipe when I make it. What do you think? Would that be a good addition?

Reaction score
Someone in the comments on Facebook said they were going to omit the cinnamon and add nuts. I don't think it would be an issue and would probably taste good. I would, myself, but nuts are a treat here if they're not pistachios. The nut mixture that's $12 at Costco is about $25 here. Just can't justify it.

Reaction score
Ohh wow! I don't blame you that is rather expensive for nuts! The recipe looks amazing and I would love to try it. My husband really likes nuts for the added crunch so I thought it might be a nice addition. I also considered substituting part of the sugar with applesauce. I was thinking it would help eliminate a few calories :) thank you again for sharing!
Someone in the comments on Facebook said they were going to omit the cinnamon and add nuts. I don't think it would be an issue and would probably taste good. I would, myself, but nuts are a treat here if they're not pistachios. The nut mixture that's $12 at Costco is about $25 here. Just can't justify it.

Reaction score
I actually used half sugar/half Splenda and almond milk in the recipe. Turned out fine. I decided today though, that next time I am going to double the apples. It is a little lacking in that department. I do agree though, adding nuts for that little extra crunch would be nice.

Ask a Question