Apple Crisp

Reaction score
I made a yummy apple crisp recipe for dessert tonight and it turned out so good. I made mine in a small baking pan. Here is the recipe I used. I am wondering if anyone has a different recipe they like?

Apple Crisp
Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 large tart-sweet apples (such as Braeburn, Gala or McIntosh), peeled,
cored, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, walnuts,
2 Tbsp. of sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Pour
butter over dry ingredients and mix with a fork, breaking up any large chunks.
Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine apple cubes with remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and lemon juice,
tossing to coat. Divide among four small oven-safe ramekins and top each with 1/4 of
walnut mixture.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until fruit is soft and topping is browned,
30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream, if desired.

Reaction score
Ohhh sounds lovely! I might switch out the lemon for lime juice, but I'm an oddball like that ;). Otherwise though, sounds great.

Reaction score
This sounds like a great and simple recipe to use. I have never made an apple crisp from scratch before so this is new to me. I hope it turns out.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I have not had apple crisp in years. My mom used to make it all the time when I was young, but it is not something I ever think about making at my home. It is the perfect type of dessert now that fall is here.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds so good! I might definitely try it one day, I guess the lemon juice gives a really nice flavor to those apples! I know an apple pie recipes that also asks for some lemon juice! I'll share the recipe here very soon!

Reaction score
Most fruit crisp recipes that I've come across add oatmeal flakes, or maybe rolled oats I think I would substitute for the flour or just put in addition to.

Otherwise, like everybody else says that does read like an amazingly delicious recipe!

Reaction score
You are right about the oatmeal part. It has been so long since I had it that I forgot there is supposed to be oatmeal on top. I think a streusal topping would also taste good though.

Ask a Question