Are you Brand Loyal when you bake?

Reaction score
Generally, no. I use what i can find in the cupboard, i know i might not end up with the most quality product, but if it's only for me and it tastes good. I don't mind.

Reaction score
Generally, no. I use what i can find in the cupboard, i know i might not end up with the most quality product, but if it's only for me and it tastes good. I don't mind.

I completely understand. With today's economy and the prices rising every minute it is hard to afford the name brand items.

Reaction score
I find that you really can't skimp on a good extract especially if you want it to be real ingredients rather than chemicals created to taste similar. Real vanilla is worth the money. You don't have to use as much as it has a much richer flavor and the quality really is noticed in your bakery.

Reaction score
I find that you really can't skimp on a good extract especially if you want it to be real ingredients rather than chemicals created to taste similar. Real vanilla is worth the money. You don't have to use as much as it has a much richer flavor and the quality really is noticed in your bakery.

I have found several recipes for making your own vanilla over on Pinterest and I am just dying to try them. It does take good quality vanilla beans and they are out of my budget at the moment.

Reaction score
For most of my baking ingredints I will buy what ever is on sell. There are a few thing that have to be a selected brand , not because of the brand but because of the quality. There is a brand of Vanilla I buy from costco that I love and will not swap out. Gardellis chocolate chips are also a favorite brand of mine they are the ones I reach for first.

Reaction score
I'm not picky, I usually buy generic store brand. I'm a college student, so anything that'll help me save some money is awesome.

Reaction score
I'm not a brand loyal baker. I bake with whatever brand I can get as long as it is of good quality. I don't think brands are very important when it comes to baking although I will admit that some brands are much better than others when it comes to certain ingredients.

Reaction score
It really sort of depends for me. I'll try it with the generic and if it goes well I'll keep using the generic because if its not broke don't fix it. But, I follow the same rule with name brand. Often times store brand stuff is made by name brand companies. If you go to the customer service desk they should be able to tell you whats made by who. You can save money that way. Sometimes it won't be the brand you like but others it will and its like a great find or something. The only thing I've bought that name brand matters to me is canned tomatoes and fruit. I love Delmonte.

Ask a Question