Baking because you are bored

Reaction score
There are sometimes when I bake just because I am bored and having nothing better to do. I work full time and have kids, so it does not leave a lot of time for a social life or to go out and make friends. I will sometimes go through my baking books and make things just to stick in the freezer to eat later, does anyone else do this?

Reaction score
I haven't done this before, but I think it's a great idea. I have wanted to make time for freezer meals for a long time, just because they're so simple to pull out of the freezer and into the oven. My little guy isn't quite old enough to eat regular food yet, but as soon as he is, I will be doing this simply because it saves on time!

Reaction score
Why don't you invite your friends to come bake with you. If you cant meet them, have them meet you. Cooking alone never compares to cooking with friends!

Reaction score
I definitely bake a lot when I'm bored and have nothing better to do, too! I work part time at home and part time not, so when I'm working at home I get very isolated and bored, the baking definitely helps with that!

Reaction score
I do that. I've finished my first year at uni and now i've got far too much time on my hands! I really need to get back into baking again... Will give me something to do! I also haven't been here since about October... So hi everyone!

Reaction score
Oh my God, if I didn't bake when I was bored, I don't think I'd bake at all! One of the very main reasons for me baking something is because of me being extremely bored. I recently made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, just because I felt like it. Baking is fun and once you have been doing it for awhile, pretty simple. Baking has never been an mentally tasking thing to do for me, so i guess I also do it to relax? I don't know. It's fun and something to do when bored, so. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
The big drawback to baking when you are bored is when it comes out of the oven, if you are still bored, it's very easy to eat it all right away! My solution is to get it into the freezer as soon as I can.

Reaction score
I don't bake out of boredom ,I bake to satisfy sugar cravings so that I don't spend additional money buying ice cream or fast food. It's still cheaper to bake at home than it is to make a run to Dairy Queen.

Reaction score
Mmmmm Dairy Queen sounds so good! Baking is a great way to oass time when you have nothing to do. We moved this last year and it is a bit of a drive to go see friends. The kids go to new schools and I haven't quite gotten to know the other moms yet.

Reaction score
I don't really bake out of boredom , becaue I noramly pan out my baking ahead of time. I have how ever baked some quick and easty things with childresn to fill the time.

Ask a Question