Baking During the Summer Months

Reaction score
Does anybody bake in June, July, August, or early September?

I baked a pound cake the other day, and roasted some chicken at the same time. I noticed that I bake much less during the summer. Then I noticed that when I bake during the summer, the I make sure it is one of the things I get out of the way by 8:00 am. I have central air, but turning on the over for two hours or more heats up that part of downstairs.

Kas

Reaction score
I actually don't have air conditioning. Lucky me, huh?! :)

But whether I had it or not, I know I wouldn't bake as much in the summer. My mother never did and I don't. In fact, I am going to give tater tot casserole a try tonight. And the reason I wanted to make sure that I made it tonight is because it is going to be quite hot over the next few days. I knew I wouldn't be touching that oven then. Besides it being uncomfortable in the kitchen on a hot day, I think the hot oven seems to make the refrigerator work harder (I have a small kitchen). So that plays a part in my non-baking, too.

Reaction score
I rarely ever bake in the summer, and if I do, I do it after the sun goes down. I can't do it when the sun is up, because it will heat up the kitchen to much. We only have in-window a/c and only in our bedrooms. The rest of the house doesn't have any a/c units anywhere. We used to have one in the kitchen, but it broke and stopped putting out cold. I hate even having to use the stove in the summer. I usually stick with cold foods or stuff like sandwiches.

Reaction score
I will bake in the summer ,but the item I bake need to be small enogh to fit into the toast oven. . Sometimes I will bake in the oven late at night or very early in the moring. I hear that you can bake cakes in the crockpot and on a grill I have yet to try this.

Reaction score
The summer desert doesn't go well with baking unfortunately. I haven't baked much this summer. I made some brownies and rice krispies and that's about it! I do have some cake mix I want to bake soon though.

Reaction score
I really don't notice a difference in my baking between summer and winter. Whenever my mind gets set on baking something, it gets baked. I do know that I have a love for grill cooking so whenever and whatever can be cooked outside, it will be.

Reaction score
I probably do bake more in the winter, but I do cook outside a lot in the summer (grilling) too. We have A/C, but a lot of the time in summer I'd rather go have fun outside than bake at the hot oven.

Reaction score
I bake all year round! I try not to buy the processed baked goods in the grocery store and so I am making cookies, brownies, or cupcakes at least once a week these days. Sometimes I will bake a lot of different cookies in one day and just throw them in the freezer until we are ready to eat them. They taste so much better than what most stores have to offer.

Reaction score
The time of the year has never affects my baking; usually when it's summer time and it's a bit hotter i tend to opt for baking at nights when it is somewhat cooler.

Ask a Question