Baking for Baby?

Reaction score
Now that my little one is old enough to eat small table foods, I was thinking of doing some baking for her.

Does anyone know of any child friendly baked goods for a little one? A few of my friends have been making savory muffins for their babies around the same age as my baby, and just letting them crumble them up and eat small pieces.

If anyone has any thoughts or tips, I'd love to hear them!

Reaction score
I remembered when I am still a child my mom always bake a chiffon cake that is really very soft which the small ones can enjoy eating too. Up to now even I am already old I still love this great baking goodies.

Reaction score
I remembered when I am still a child my mom always bake a chiffon cake that is really very soft which the small ones can enjoy eating too. Up to now even I am already old I still love this great baking goodies.

Ah yeah, it definitely has to be soft! I find that even now, in the early days, my little one is a very textural eater. If it's too rough or bumpy she just spits it back out again, or starts coughing as if she's choking - which freaks me right out!

Reaction score
I started by making a sort of apple pie, but deconstructed...or destroyed. LOL I'd make it in a ramekin with very small sized apples pieces. Then, because the top crust was crispier, I'd remove that for myself and serve some apples with some of the softer undercrust. It was always a win with him. But he loves apples.

Reaction score
I started by making a sort of apple pie, but deconstructed...or destroyed. LOL I'd make it in a ramekin with very small sized apples pieces. Then, because the top crust was crispier, I'd remove that for myself and serve some apples with some of the softer undercrust. It was always a win with him. But he loves apples.

That sounds delish! My little one loves apples too so I think it would be a hit here as well. So far the only food she has fussed over was peas. But neither my husband or I are fans of peas so I suppose I can't blame her!

Ask a Question