Baking music?

Reaction score
Does anyone like listening to music while they are baking? I love having some nice jazz in the background. It helps me relax and really enjoy the process more. Now every time I hear jazz outside of the kitchen I can't help but think of baking!

Reaction score
I listen to music while baking a lot. Baking is a fun and relaxing activity, so I personally find that soft and relaxation music is best. I listen to Coldplay, U2, classical, and Christian music most of the time in the kitchen. It's also motivates you when you are doing more mundane jobs, such as mixing in a bowl! Oh and I agree about Jazz, can't forget about that one!

Reaction score
Pretty much any electronic dance music gets me energized and motivated for baking, because baking is still work and I don't always feel doing it, so sometimes I have to get myself psyched up for it.

Reaction score
I typically do not listen to music while I'm baking. The TV is usually on in the background, but other than that, I tend to like a silent kitchen so I can concentrate on what I am doing. It is kind of like when I was studying in school, I had to lock myself away in a quiet room in order to read.

Reaction score
I typically listen to any type of feel-good music, my playlist has everything from bluegrass to classic rock on it! If it's a difficult recipe though, I do have to turn down the music so I can concentrate, like Tina said.

Reaction score
I listen to music when I do almost anything, so of course I listen to it while baking! ;) My iPod is usually just put on shuffle and goes through all of the song on their. If I'm in a certain mood, I'll set it to the Electroswing genre or Classic Rock genre. I do have playlists that are all a certain "type" of music that I'll play when doing things. Usually, when baking, I'll be playing the playlist that is filled with music from the 50's, 40's, 30's and 20's. :D

Reaction score
I listen to music no matter what I'm doing so yup, I listen to music when I bake. I listen to either R&B or Country.

Reaction score
I love listening to music, and I definitely listen to music while I'm cooking or baking. What I listen to really depends on my mood. Basically, I listen to a little bit of everything! Lately, I've been a big fan of Pandora.

Reaction score
Does anyone like listening to music while they are baking? I love having some nice jazz in the background. It helps me relax and really enjoy the process more. Now every time I hear jazz outside of the kitchen I can't help but think of baking!
Smooth jazz does it for me. I turn off the television and get to work. I have been known to be found 'in other worlds' while baking and listening to my music. Sometimes, when I am making a recipe I know very well, I'll have a nice glass of something. Just me, my oven, my music, and my thoughts.

Reaction score
I love listening to music, and I definitely listen to music while I'm cooking or baking. What I listen to really depends on my mood. Basically, I listen to a little bit of everything! Lately, I've been a big fan of Pandora.
I enjoy Pandora too, although my Pandora playlist is primarily gospel, so when I'm baking its Spotify all the way. I have several playlists on there of different genres, or sometimes I just tune it to a playlist radio. I usually hear music there I haven't yet added to my playlist (it gets added).

Reaction score
Pretty much any electronic dance music gets me energized and motivated for baking, because baking is still work and I don't always feel doing it, so sometimes I have to get myself psyched up for it.

I totally agree with you. I listen to different kinds of music when I'm baking but when it's electronic dance music with a good beat I get super pumped. I even bop and dance around the kitchen while I work if it's a song that really gets me moving. Since I don't like having to continuously mess with the radio I use pandora radio while I cook. It's tremendously helpful.

Reaction score
I love listening to music, whether it's for baking or any other activity. To get me pumped up and energized for baking, I usually listen to Edm tracks or anything fast. This keeps me more focused over calming music, for some reason. I also like to use Spotify for the different playlists they have to offer, and so it's always something new to my ears.

Ask a Question