Baking Photos

Reaction score
When you bake something wonderful do you make it a point to capture with your camera? No I don't mean on Instigram , have taken a true picture with you camera. How many of us have beautiful picture of our wonderful bake good .Do photograph all of your baked goods or just the special things's like beautifully decorated cakes.

Reaction score
Truthfully I've never thought about taking pictures of my baking! It is a great idea though! :)
But, usually after I am done baking I just want to be done and have moved on to other things.
LOL!
But, I might just have to give it a shot next time I make something!!
Do you take pics of your creations?

Reaction score
I often take photos with my phone, but very rarely with my proper camera. Not entirely sure why that is... probably just a laziness thing! I always have my phone with me and my camera is tucked away!

Reaction score
I used to take pictures to my dishes using an analog cam (because there were not digital cameras yet) and waiting to get those photos to enrich my school note-taking. I was pursuing a technical career in the hospitality industry with a restaurant-related assignment.

However from those times I developed the idea that all dish that has to be photographed needs a table setting and beauty dinnerware for display. I rarely have time to get this done, so I often miss taking pictures to my dishes today.

Reaction score
I told a friend up north I was making eggplant parmigiana from scratch and I had even grown the veggies in my garden. They joked and said really so I took a photo to prove it. After getting my text photo, they asked me to freeze some for their next visit. I use my cell camera a lot when people say" no you aren't....."
011213210638.jpeg

Reaction score
Ah! Certainly look appealing to taste without the bells and whistles I was taught at school, and certainly it's very common get someone doubting about what one cooks and bakes, but never thought a cell to text them the proof can be helpful :D

Reaction score
I told a friend up north I was making eggplant parmigiana from scratch and I had even grown the veggies in my garden. They joked and said really so I took a photo to prove it. After getting my text photo, they asked me to freeze some for their next visit. I use my cell camera a lot when people say" no you aren't....."View attachment 80

Way to go! Your meal looks delicious. Would care to share your recipe with us , pretty please? That dish is one of my grandmother's favorites and I have never made it for her.
Great shot and nice presentation.

Reaction score
I love taking photos of things my husband and I make- and yes, actual photos (vs. instagram quality) are a must! I'm more consistent about it for special occasions, but I like to other times as well.

Reaction score
I often get told I do not seem like the "Suzie homemaker" type so my cell phone is busy in the kitchen. It also helps me get ideas of what people would like when I have a dinner party planned. If I get back a "yumm" or "save me some" I know.

Reaction score
Way to go! Your meal looks delicious. Would care to share your recipe with us , pretty please? That dish is one of my grandmother's favorites and I have never made it for her.
Great shot and nice presentation.
I make my sauce from scratch. A bit of oil and onions and garlic till transparent. Sometimes meat. Tomato sauce (no paste) and Italian spices and lots of squash, eggplant, more fresh tomatoes, parsley and spinach (for a smoothe buttery taste). The eggplant I cut in slices (and I have used squash as well when I don't have eggplant) do a simple eggwash and coat with breadcrumbs. Quickly fry the slices (I have cut back to very little oil). I take a pyrex pan, put some sauce in the bottom, layer the eggplant slices, more sauce, top with provolone, mozzarella and muenster shredded...sprinkle parmesan cheese on top...cover with foil and bake at 325 till the smell starts to get to you. That's it.

Thanks for the comments.

Reaction score
I have made some beautiful baked goods, for whatever reason I never take picture. I know I should so I can have a record of my work , but I just never seem to want to go to get the camera after I have finished.

I think we should have a show and tell day here at this forum. We could choose one day week that everyone could upload photos of their baking .

Reaction score
I am just always doing so many different task at once that i just never get around to taking pictures of my bake products however if my daughter is in the kitchen with me she'll snap a few photos of my bake products using her cell phone.

Reaction score
I've only taken photos twice. One was of a perfectly golden loaf of bread that I made and the other was of some perfect pancakes I made that looked like an IHOP ad. I normally don't take photos of my food, but those were two photogenic items that I wanted to remember.

Reaction score
Well I don't know I would want to take pictures of my box cakes but now I am planning to do more stuff from scratch I hope to take some pictures and post. Actually, I am rather looking forward to it. I can't wait.

The other day I tried something and did take the pictures. I looked at the cookies from every angle and the pictures were not impressive. It was an ugly recipe and an ugly picture.

Ask a Question