Baking To Relieve Stress

Reaction score
I've heard of many people who say they often bake to relieve stress. I do find that baking can take your mind off of problems in life and make you feel as though you are achieving something. Would you agree that baking relieves stress?

Reaction score
I think baking relieves stress. It is nice to lose yourself in making something from scratch that turns out delicious. I like to make bread from scratch and take out my frustrations when I knead it.

Reaction score
Baking definitely helps me relieve stress! I love putting my mind to something, especially when it is something I enjoy. I certainly enjoy cooking and baking!
I also like that baking is something I can control. I may not be able to control all the things that life throws at me from day to day. I can however control the ingrediants I bake with. I can also control the icing, decorations and flavors. I get satisfaction from making something that not only tastes good, but looks good as well.

Reaction score
I think as long as you are having normal problems within reason, baking can definitely occupy your mind and relieve stress. There are some problems too big for baking to distract you from, but for everyday annoyances, baking is a fun reprieve.

Reaction score
I think if you enjoy something, then doing it will relieve mild stress. I don't believe baking is an exception. Plus you get a nice treat at the end.

Reaction score
I've heard of many people who say they often bake to relieve stress. I do find that baking can take your mind off of problems in life and make you feel as though you are achieving something. Would you agree that baking relieves stress?
I agree that baking relieves stress and gives you a sense of accomplishment. When you focus on baking, you don't think about your problems and troubles. Baking is also fun for me, too. I just get a kick out of mixing something up and baking it. I always feel better after I bake something.

Reaction score
Baking relieves stress all the time. Foods and smells affect how you feel. Baking a delicious dessert affects your mood. I always feel uplifted after baking and eating delicious meals. Baking certain foods such as chocolate brownies makes me happy. I like watching food bake and cook.

Reaction score
I prefer cooking more so than baking, when I want something to distract me from anything stressful going on in my life. I enjoy testing out new recipes and trying to teach myself new techniques. Baking can actually kind of stress me out sometimes, because I want everything to be right, and you need to be really exact with it. I wouldn't attempt something like a pie crust or puff pastry from scratch if I was stressed out for example.

Reaction score
I do agree that baking helps relieve stress. Sometimes when I have a lot on my mind but want to keep moving, baking or cooking does take my mind off of things and then I also get to eat what I'm fixing so that's a plus.

Reaction score
Thank you for all the excellent and interesting replies! It seems baking really does help to relieve our stress and get us focused onto something very positive! I'm so pleased to hear that baking is very therapeutic for people!

Ask a Question