Baking when blue

Reaction score
Do you ever find yourself baking more when you feel blue or sad about something? I find that baking takes my mind of what is troubling me and the results cheer me up a little, especially when I have to decorate what I have made.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Tina, Yes!
Baking always turns my mood around, unless it's a flop. That is a different story.

Reaction score
Yes, Tina, I have baked when blue and have always ended up feeling very happy right after it! Same with cooking, for some reason I feel way more relaxed while and after cooking than I felt before even starting.

Reaction score
I bake because I light to eat when I'm sad or depressed. Most people do even if they don't like to admit it, it's a proven stress tick. However, I like to bake in any mood. Blue is best; it keeps your mind on better things. When you're angry, it helps calm you down. And when you're hungry it ends up feeding you. So it's good to do in most any situation! :rolleyes:

(I know I'm Captain Obvious, so here's some humor:)

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Tina, Yes!
Baking always turns my mood around, unless it's a flop. That is a different story.

Monkeyboots I am right there with you. Right now I think I am going to go and make me a "blue's cake". I find since I am into baking more it helps me to relieve some stress, but if it goes wrong I am not thrilled so that would be double trouble. I'll see how things go later and come back with a report.

Reaction score
I don't bake or listen to music when I'm sad. I stare at the TV and eat junk food.
If I'm angry, I start furiously cleaning the house to burn off my anger.
I usually bake when I'm in a good mood.

Reaction score
I like to bake when I need a distraction or to calm me down. I also bake when I need to but tend to rush or multitask. When it's to pick me up, I will take my time and experiment more and maybe cook more than I need to. I do find it relaxing and also constructive as otherwise I would be trying to listen to music or binge eating.

Ask a Question