Best Cake you have ever made, What kind?

Reaction score
The best cake I have ever made is a Butterfinger Cake. It is amazing and super easy!

Cook regular Chocolate cake
I use a fork and put holes all over the cake once it is done but still hot
Pour caramel all over the cake while hot and let it seep down in the holes
Once it cools put whip cream and top with crumbled butterfingers.

This is the best cake I have ever made!!!

Reaction score
The best cake I have ever made is a Butterfinger Cake. It is amazing and super easy!

The best cake I ever made was a orange cake. I when it is bake you can smell and taste the orange rinds in it. I serve this with a little lemonade and it taste great. The children loves it.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's the absolute best (I've come up with quite a few that I'd consider my best), but I made a cake a couple of months ago which went down a treat. It was a spiced toffee apple cake. It was really moist and sweet, without being too overpowering, and it tasted even better the next day when the icing had begun to absorb into the cake! I took it into one of my lectures at university to share with my friends and they all told me I should drop out and start a bakery instead, haha. I published my recipe on my blog: http://christianeilidhfrances.wordp...offee-apple-cake-a-temptingly-autumnal-treat/

Reaction score
I made a chocolate cake. This was the best cake I had ever made. I made this cake from scratch. The icing was chocolate and delicious. I measured all of the ingredients perfectly.The cake was moist and scrumptious. I ate it with vanilla ice cream.

Reaction score
The best cake I ever made was an oreo chocolate cake. I baked a chocolate cake from scratch. Once it cooled, I poked holes in it, just like a poke cake. I then poured Oreo Jello pudding in the holes of the cake and let it sit in the fridge. Once the pudding sat up, I then iced the cake with whipped cream and topped it with crushed oreos. My family absolutely loved it! It is now my go-to cake for family get togethers.

Reaction score
The best cake i have ever made would definitely have to be a Christmas cake i baked one year; i added grated yellow yam to the batter and lots of white rum..this fruit cake was rich, thick and totally delicious...i might just give it a try this christmas.

Reaction score
The best cake I ever made was an apple cake with white wine; the flavors combined to form a delicious creation that was one of the most unique, and definitely one of the best, that I have ever had. I had never realized that fruits and white wine would bake so well together; the cake had a very rich taste without being heavy at all, and a savory apple flavor. The recipe can be found here at http://thymetobake.com/?p=77

Reaction score
Good Post, I have seen some type of guinness chocolate cake. Gena based her cupcakes on a recipe for Guinness Chocolate Cake from Nigella Lawson’s book.

Reaction score
I'm not saying this is my absolute best ever but my homemade applesauce cake is delicious! It's very moist and just right! The glaze that goes over it is just as amazing.

Reaction score
I made a sponge cake with cream and raspberries. I also made a chocolate log filled with cherries and cream; It was tasty but looked ugly because I'm not very good at actually rolling it up. Lol.

Reaction score

Awesome! This one sounds easy enough! I will surely try it in the future, I only hope I don't get diabetes after one bite tho ;) JK! The best cake I've ever made is carrot cake:

carrot-cake-6001__98984__22842_zoom.jpg

Reaction score
The best cake I ever made was an oreo chocolate cake. I baked a chocolate cake from scratch. Once it cooled, I poked holes in it, just like a poke cake. I then poured Oreo Jello pudding in the holes of the cake and let it sit in the fridge. Once the pudding sat up, I then iced the cake with whipped cream and topped it with crushed oreos. My family absolutely loved it! It is now my go-to cake for family get togethers.

Care to tell us what ''Oreo Jello pudding'' is exactly? Your post made me curious! Because your cake sounds amazing, but I just wouldn't add the crushed Oreo cookies if I were to make it... maybe just a few ;)

Reaction score
I have made many but my personal favourite is pear chocolate and hazelnut cake served with cream. Mmmmm just divine

Reaction score
The best cake I ever made was a three layer coconut cake from scratch. It's been awhile since I have made this cake.

The above carrot cake looks so delicious. Even though it's one of my favorites, I haven't learned how to bake one.

Reaction score
Awesome! This one sounds easy enough! I will surely try it in the future, I only hope I don't get diabetes after one bite tho ;) JK! The best cake I've ever made is carrot cake:

carrot-cake-6001__98984__22842_zoom.jpg

Now this is absolutely wonderful!!

For me, I would probably have to say Nigella Lawson's brownie recipe... Give it a go, you WON'T be disappointed!

http://foodthatserves.com/2012/05/10/nigellas-chocolate-brownies-7-2/

I first made them about 5 or 6 years ago for my friend's 16th birthday and now I make them every christmas time...

1512527_10151864892093457_100717979_n.jpg

Bad photo but you get the idea - they are so moist in the middle!

Reaction score
Hi Clare!!! They do look super moist in the middle on that picture!!!!! Yummy!!!! I have a weakness for chocolate in general, thanks a lot for sharing the recipe, I'll surely give t a go!

Ask a Question