Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie

Discussion in 'Savory' started by Diane Lane, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

I've really been craving chicken pot pie recently, and sometimes a store bought frozen one just won't scratch that itch. Here's a nice recipe for one that is made using Bisquick for the crust, which gives it a nice homey feel. If you don't have Bisquick where you are, here's a link to a similar mix you can make at home, or if you're in a hurry or don't want to go the extra step, you can simply use pre-made pie crusts.

Diane Lane, Aug 13, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Diane Lane

ChesterV Well-Known Member

I LOOOOOOVE pot pies of all kinds!!

I have used Bisquick before, but that stuff is way too dense for my likes.
    Again, I use canned crescent roll dough......that stuff is good for many things that need a crust that is usually made from heavy doughs.

ChesterV, Aug 14, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Diane Lane

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We don't have Bisquick here so may I ask if a pizza crust will have the same effect? Or maybe the pancake mix will do for the crust as well. But anyway, what's important to me is the chicken because just the name chicken pot pie already makes me hungry. It is similar to our chicken pie here although they come in smaller sizes good for one eating. But I like innovations like this where you use an existing product for a new recipe.

Corzhens, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Diane Lane

rz3300 Well-Known Member

I seem to have varying experiences when it comes to chicken pot pie, but this one does sounds pretty easy to make, so that often eases the burden for me. I am not sure I have ever used Bisquick to make my own, just rather gone with the pre-made stuff. This will be a nice change of pace for me, so thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Diane Lane

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

Sounds amazing. We do use Bisquick quite a bit actually, I love how versitile it is! We make gigantic pot pies for our family (6) when we are wanting them. They are way better than the store bought junk and my kids love them! No matter how many veggies are added.

ashley0323, Sep 1, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question