Blueberry Turnovers

Reaction score
Now, you've probably all made these before, but I sort of made them up so I'm taking credit for inventing them! Yesterday I had last minute company coming and was wracking my brains for something for dessert. I remembered I had frozen fresh blueberries and puff pastry in the freezer, so combined the two to make turnovers.

First I thawed the pastry (duh). Then I added a cup of sugar and a little flour to the berries and let them sit while the pastry thawed. Rolled it out, made turnovers, baked at 400 for about 20 minutes. Served them with a dab of aerosol whipped cream and they were delicious. And, did I mention, EASY.

Reaction score
Those do sound delicious. I noticed when i was grocery shopping yesterday that they had some frozen berries on sale. If I have some room in the freezer next time I'm shopping, I might pick some up and try making something like this.

Reaction score
So simple! I almost always have frozen blueberries on hand - here where I live they are LOTS cheaper than fresh berries are, and then I don't waste any because what I don't use goes back into the freezer! All I'd need to do is grab some puff pastry next time I'm at the supermarket, and the rest I have here. Wham, bam - super fast dessert!

Reaction score
Oh my, thanks a lot for the idea! It sounds so delicious and the kind of dessert you'd want to make when visits are coming and you have no idea what to make for them. This sounds so easy, I definitely have to try it soon :) Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Diat60, it seems to me you should soon be starting your own recipe book. You seem totally unafraid to create your own recipes or put a twist on baking which many have said is a science. Very commendable if I may say so myself.

Ask a Question