Brownie Cookies

Reaction score
Favorite deserts can only get better when you combine them! This recipe makes a lot of cookies, even if you make them big. I usually make this when visiting family, or for my husband to take to work.
246647_890108239524_2013858492_n.jpg
Brownie Cookies
8 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
4 oz Milk Chocolate chips
1/2 Cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 baking powder
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium sauce pan melt butter and the semisweet chocolate chips. I kept the temperature low, and sliced the butter. Be sure to stir frequently. Once melted remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.

Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Then In a large bowl blend together the eggs sugar and vanilla. I used a hand machine. After mixture is blended well add in the dry ingredients, and then the melted chocolate.

Lastly add the remaining chocolate chips and nuts. Using a cookie sheet covered with aluminum or parchment paper, place spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the pan. Be sure to leave at least 1 inch in-between each. The dough will resemble more of brownie mixture, than it will cookie dough. Bake for 7-10 mins.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I like how simple it is because sometimes I won't attempt a recipe if it has too many ingredients. Brownie cookies look great.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe. I like how simple it is because sometimes I won't attempt a recipe if it has too many ingredients. Brownie cookies look great.
I know what you mean. I think they sometimes look harder written out, than what they actually are, but that looks like a great recipe to try out. I still remember the first few things I made from scratch. I was proud when it worked out!

Reaction score
This sounds scrum-diddly-umptious! I remember someone I knew as a child made cookies that look a lot like these, so I wonder if they're the same.

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe, looks great to check out! Good to know that the recipe lasts long even when you make the cookies big.

Reaction score
Hi, simplicity. Thanks for sharing your Brownie Cookies recipe. I make Brownie Cookies all the time for my boyfriend and I. I made some last weekend and I decided to add some Peanut Butter in my bather. It came out chewy but yet soft at the same time. I really enjoyed them more with a cold glass of milk. Yummy!!! :p

Reaction score
Those look absolutely delicious! Brownies and cookies are two of my favourite sweet treats so I'll need to try and make them some time!

Reaction score
Those look really good! I love recipes like this, because even though the recipe calls for making a bunch, you probably can only eat about 2 before you feel full since I'm assuming they're so rich! They remind me of those little brownie bites you used to be able to buy freshly baked at our local grocery store. They were so soft, rich, and delicious...I wish they still sold them! I'll definitely have to save this recipe. Thank you!

Reaction score
Those look simply delicious. I have tried a slightly different version, i put brownie batter in pan as normal but on top i put balls of chocolate chip cookie dough that melt over the brownies making it a two for one treat. I do like the all in one cookie idea though, does make it more portable and I bet just as yummy. Will try it very soon.

Reaction score
I would love to try these. I love fudge brownies and for it to be in the shape of a cookie would be awesome. I probably wouldn't be able to actually make these brownie cookies, but it I can dream right? I've had brownie cookies before and I can say that they are delicious. One day I hope to to be able to bake cookies from scratch.

Reaction score
I would love to try these. I love fudge brownies and for it to be in the shape of a cookie would be awesome. I probably wouldn't be able to actually make these brownie cookies, but it I can dream right? I've had brownie cookies before and I can say that they are delicious. One day I hope to to be able to bake cookies from scratch.

Why does it have to be a dream? All you have to do is mix 10 ingredients in a bowl and put the resulting batter in the oven.
Baking some cookies is not the impossible dream. People do it every day.

Reaction score
I have seen these cookies and made a recipe similar to this one before, it was delicious . The whole wheat flour is something new to me ,I just used white. Since we are using the wheat flour ,can we call these healthy cookies and eat as many as we want? LOL

Reaction score
Yay! I'm going to give these a try! I love cookies and brownies and this seems very straightforward!!
I love quick, easy to follow recipes too! I agree sometimes if it looks too long or complicated I won't make it!
NThomas - yes, wouldn't it be great if wheat flour meant we could eat as many as we wanted???!!! :)
I think I will try it with regular flour though as my family DOES NOT LIKE wheat!!! ;-)

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this! They sound/look absolutely wonderful....definitely something my husband will enjoy :).

Reaction score
Thanks Simplicity!

I have a crush on brownie cookies but I can hardly get them done with an old recipe that besides being really complex, I don't know why I always fail when I try it.

However this recipe sounds easy to prepare and, based on the ingredients, I may succeed baking this brownie cookies this weekend :)

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Two of my favorites...chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Having them together sounds delicious and I have found that you can't have too many cookies...to serve to guests and to give away (and of course a few to eat!). I have never been intimidated by a recipe that says this makes "alot"! thanks again.

Reaction score
A parent sent in the's cookies for snack time. She was kind enough to bake enough for each child to have the two cookies, and there left overs for the staff also. This was not the healthiest snack , but it made the little one the happiest. There were 15 sticky, chocolate covered ,smiling faces after snack time was over. You have to love a mom that bakes!

Reaction score
I didn't realize I needed these in my life till right now. They look so yummy! I don't know what I like more- brownies or cookies, and now I won't have to choose muahaha.
Brilliant recipe, thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question