Butter vs Margarine: Which One is Better?

Reaction score
Ever since I started to know how to cook and bake I am already using butter for reason that I love its taste and at the same time they said that it is better healthy to use than margarine.

Reaction score
I would love to be able to use butter, but sadly I can't. I am allergic to all dairy products and I don't mean intolerant as in upset stomach or stomach cramps, I mean anaphylactic shock, lips and tongue swelling up, throat closing down and ringing for an ambulance, so its margarine everytime for me and only once it has been checked that it is dairy free because a surprising amount of margarine contains buttermilk or skimmed milk powder or other dairy products! :(

Reaction score
I would love to be able to use butter, but sadly I can't. I am allergic to all dairy products and I don't mean intolerant as in upset stomach or stomach cramps, I mean anaphylactic shock, lips and tongue swelling up, throat closing down and ringing for an ambulance, so its margarine everytime for me and only once it has been checked that it is dairy free because a surprising amount of margarine contains buttermilk or skimmed milk powder or other dairy products! :(

Wow, yes, that's very serious. I don't blame you for being extra careful. I have other severe food allergies myself. They came on later in life, so I do miss the items I can't have, because they were things I liked prior to my allergies. It's so strange. A relative also had a similar experience with shellfish. She used to be able to eat all kinds of seafood, but now has serious reactions to it such as you described.

Hmm. We should probably start a food allergies/reactions thread sometime.

Ask a Question