Cake board

Reaction score
I am baking a 12×18 sheet cake and I'm looking for a 14×20 cake board that is sturdy enough to handle the weight, and ideally not more that $10?!? Any ideas??

Reaction score
Cake board vs cake drum. You want a cake drum

Cake Circles: A cake circle is a round cake board that is typically thin in construction, about 1/8”.

Cake Drums: Drums refer to thicker cake boards, either 1/4" or 1/2", since they must have a double wall corrugated construction. These can also be used in between tiers of a cake for extra support.

Cake Pads: Similar to cake circles, cake pads are an economical choice designed to hold rectangular sheet cakes. These pads are also thin with a single wall corrugated construction.

Dessert Boards: These are unique boards that have a specific function in mind. Most of them are small in size so they can hold a single cupcake or dessert.

Example of sheet cake cake drum

Reaction score
Cake board vs cake drum. You want a cake drum

Cake Circles: A cake circle is a round cake board that is typically thin in construction, about 1/8”.

Cake Drums: Drums refer to thicker cake boards, either 1/4" or 1/2", since they must have a double wall corrugated construction. These can also be used in between tiers of a cake for extra support.

Cake Pads: Similar to cake circles, cake pads are an economical choice designed to hold rectangular sheet cakes. These pads are also thin with a single wall corrugated construction.

Dessert Boards: These are unique boards that have a specific function in mind. Most of them are small in size so they can hold a single cupcake or dessert.

Example of sheet cake cake drum

I am definitely looking for a cake board. The issue is finding one large enough for the cake that doesn't cost a fortune ..it's gotta be minimum 13"×19"

Ask a Question