Cake donuts too dense?

Reaction score
I could use a little help on this one, I followed a pretty basic recipe as I hadn't tried them before, and while they tasted alright they were kind of thick and dense in a way that I wasn't going for. I looked at a few different recipes and the comments on them and haven't really found much in the way of advice to fix it. Is there a secret to fluffing up the dough more? Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Maybe this might help. I wish I could help by sharing my own expertise. I have not the first clue how to make any of these:), but I decided to check out some on YouTube. You are always helping me out. Here's one I found. I hope it helps. I am rooting for you:).

Reaction score
And there's even a youtube video ;), Winterybella, you are my hero of the day. And thank you! No worries, there are plenty of times I've ended up sharing other peoples' expertise to help out a little, better someone's than nothing at all, right? I'll watch this later on and see if I can fix the next batch =).

Reaction score
I am taking a bow:). How about the next time I download my own video with full baking instructions for some way out difficult cakes. A video that goes viral with my amazing cakes. It's early morning so I guess I can keep on dreaming.:)

On a more back to earth serious note. I am happy to have found something to share. Hope it helps.

Ask a Question