Cake ideas for mother's day

Reaction score
Do anyone have any great cake ideas that I could use to bake my mom a cake for Mother's Day? This is my first time doing this so I want it to be special.

Reaction score
I would love to make a cake for my mom for mother’s day, but she would not like that. I will probably go to the bake-shop and order her a cake and have them write on it, she is more of an ice-cream person than anything. My favorite cake to make is a lemon-cake with icing.

Reaction score
I would like to bake a cake and surprise my mother. Cakes are something that I have not baked much of before, and so I will need to hunt around for a great recipe. Does anyone have an idea of a simple to make cake?

Reaction score
I agree with the Lemon cake idea. It goes well with a lot of things and seems like it would be easy enough. Maybe you could figure out something different to do with the icing, instead of just vanilla or chocolate.

Reaction score
Mothers-Day-Cupcakes-Shop.jpg

I looked around the internet for a while and I think i want to do something like this. I love to be different than just the average cake, make it personal to Mom so she knows you really care! I believe for the stems though I am going to use Pirouette cookies. Yummy!​

Reaction score
I was thinking of something like this for the next year, because that will be the first year I won't be around for mother's day. Something simple like this:

mothers-day-cake.jpg

Mothers-Day-Cake-Ideas_12.jpg

Anyone knows the easiest way to get those flowers done?

Reaction score
Mothers-Day-Cupcakes-Shop.jpg

I looked around the internet for a while and I think i want to do something like this. I love to be different than just the average cake, make it personal to Mom so she knows you really care! I believe for the stems though I am going to use Pirouette cookies. Yummy!​

PrideKidd you always have such great suggestions...I wasn't thinking of baking for mothers day myself but this has inspired me. I love how the frosting looks like roses...I might have to find a youtube tutorial or something on how to pipe like that. They just look so elegant and classy!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Wow, these are some really beautiful images. I would also check out the posts where people recommended edible flowers. They posted some gorgeous stuff there too. Such creative people. Just lovely. I think any mom would be happy to receive any of these.

Reaction score
PrideKidd you always have such great suggestions...I wasn't thinking of baking for mothers day myself but this has inspired me. I love how the frosting looks like roses...I might have to find a youtube tutorial or something on how to pipe like that. They just look so elegant and classy!

Thank You for liking my suggestions, I like to try and think outside of the box. All too often I find myself cooking and baking the same things, the same way..it gets kind of boring. I do my best to try and think of things that are not just the normal cakes or cookies now and it has made baking fun. I may not have much money but you can always win your way to someones heart through their stomach !:)

Reaction score
I have also found some more great ideas for Mother's Day. I think if I do not try the flowers idea I may give one of these a try, I just hope it is not a total baking fail. Here are my other ideas.

mothers-day-heart-1-main-mothers-day-cakes-festival-images1.jpg

Maybe some rendition of this picture
mothersday-cake.gif

I really like this picture but I would never be able to pull it off, but it looks amazing!

900x900px-LL-f66fe194_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics700611mothers_day_cake_002.jpeg

Ask a Question