Cake Wrecks

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the blog Cake Wrecks? (I won't link just in case it's not allowed) It's dedicated to posting pictures and stories of cakes gone wrong. From what I've seen they are mostly from professional bakers.

Be warned as there some graphic cakes on there, but the site owner does a good job about warning you beforehand.

After seeing that site, which is addicting by the way, I am a little disappointed that I don't see such screw ups at my local food store bakeries.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I actually forgot about that site entirely. I'm not sure how, but it looks like I'm no longer subscribed to it, so I lost track.

There are some AMAZING messes there, though. I don't understand how some people can mess up cakes so horribly.

Reaction score
I'm familiar with Cake Wrecks. I think it's hilarious. I remember one cake where the person was on the phone saying "Now here write Happy Birthday."
and the cake actually had the instructions "NOW HERE WRITE HAPPY BIRTHDAY." I'm paraphrasing, but the cake decorator actually wrote the directions that they were given by the customer on the cake instead of just writing the message itself. That was pretty funny.

Reaction score
I have never heard of this site but I did go take a look at it. I couldn't imagine the feeling of messing up such cakes, although, we are only human and do make mistakes. Practice only makes perfect, right?

Ask a Question