Cakes, cookies, etc

Reaction score
My daughter has recently been put on a low to no carbs and no sweets diet by her doctor.
Does anyone know of anything she can eat when she has a craving for sweets? By the way, as support I am also following the same restrictions, and I have a terrible sweet tooth. I was intending to make some raspberry cookies this weekend, but I think that would be kind of mean, so.......:(
any ideas????? anyone?? PLEASE! I'M DESPERATE!

SIGNED,
ETERNAL SWEET TOOTH

Reaction score
You're welcome! I hope you find some yummy things to make for your daughter.
Have a lovely mother's day!

Reaction score
The Paleo lifestyle is awesome, and they have so many alternatives to the more conventional baked goods- plus, they never use wheat flour so you never have to wait for that cake to finish baking again.

I'm on a restricted diet as well, so the family makes sure we never run out of fresh fruit in the house. Sometimes we have up to three kinds of bananas just sitting around o_O

Reaction score
There are tons of recipes available online. I tried looking some for you and found some really interesting options. You can go for Iced Coffee Popsicles and sugarless and flour less chocolate cake.

Reaction score
When I was doing low-carb (the ketogenic diet), I had a myriad of recipes for my sweet tooth. Unfortunately, I don't have many low-carb baking recipes, but I have some recipes to settle your sweet tooth nonetheless.
The first thing you should do for low-carb sweet recipes is invest in a healthy no-calorie sweetener. I recommend stevia. If you find a low-carb baking recipe, I recommend powdered stevia, but for my recipes I mostly used liquid. Here are my favorite sweet recipes:

Pudding Pops
You will need a popsicle mold, liquid stevia, heavy whipping cream, cocoa powder, and a whisk.
  • Combine ~1 tbsp cocoa powder and ~5 tbsp heavy cream for every popsicle in a bowl, and whisk well.
  • Add about 5 drops of stevia for every popsicle, and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture into the molds and freeze for about an hour.
  • Enjoy!
Blackberry Smoothie
Blackberries are just about the lowest carb fruit you can find. This smoothie is tangy, but sweet. You will need lemon juice, liquid stevia, frozen blackberries, unsweetened coconut milk, water, and a blender.
  • Add 1/4 cup of blackberries, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and ~15 drops liquid stevia to the blender.
  • Blend well.
  • Refrigerate for about 30 mins. The mixture will be very foamy for a bit, so it needs to settle before you can drink it.
  • Enjoy!

Ask a Question